Yeti GOBOX Collection

330 tag

Redwood

I was lucky enough to draw the 330 tag for goats this season. Looking forward to dedicating most of season to them with a bow. Anybody got gear or area suggestions.

congrats on your tag Redwood! my buddy was also fortunate enough to draw this tag and being from georgia, most of our scouting options are going to be limited. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

CJC,

Congrats on the tag, perhaps you'll see me out there. Look for the guy with all the red hair. I've hiked the area a bit, lots of trailheads to start from. Robert Stone's "Day hikes in the Beartooth Mountains" is for the whole range but discusses about 15 trails that are relevant to the area. Don't overlook the value of the Chico hot springs for a much earned soak, beer, and large chunks of meat before you head home. Rut is give/take beginning of Nov, but beware of snow if you go to late. Elevation will kill you, 10K plus, regardless of your condition. Work on your endurance, don't skimp on your boots and break them in before you get here. Statistically you will get your goat if you work for it, just understand that you will have to work for it. Talk to you more later.

Looks like half of us that drew the 330 tag have found this post, I was also lucky enough to draw it. Congratulations to CJC and Redwood, I hope you both have the best of luck and take advantage of this once in a lifetime tag.

Hiked into pine creek yesterday, didn't see a single goat. Really thought I would. Had a very refreshing dip in the lake though, what I assumed to be a brisk 32.1 degrees. The amount of Mosquitos and horse flies was unexpected. The fishing would have been killer, they were rising everywhere.

As we all are probably aware, snow has been an issue for us with goat tags this year. Another white out reported today at Livingston peak with more set to hit tomorrow. Everything that can go wrong has for me this season but I drudge forward. Options A-C seem are no longer viable. If anybody has any insight on this zone it would be much appreciated.

I got a pretty good billy last night and I do know where 2 more are I have pics of one if you are interested I sent you a PM spent the last 9 days in there and had one hell of a hunt, dealing with the snow, blown stalks, and all the other emotional ups and downs of a goat hunt was a blast. The hair is great and there are still some accesible areas stay positive and it will all work out

Journey is like to see pics of your goat if your willing to share them.

Keep after them redwood sounds like the weather may brake for a bit...

I will try to get some pictures on in the next day or two busy drying out gear and trying to find a decent antelope to put a tag on, I also am not very computer smart so will have to figure out how to put pics on here

Ok, looks like I could use some help here. I would love to share the story and pics of my goat hunt with everyone on here but my picture files will not upload. Can anyone give me some advice on figuring this out. I am going to manage attachments choosing the files I want and clicking upload and it just says upload failed????

ok i have some photos on photobucket now, how do I get them from there to here. Sorry i am a bonehead at this stuff.

Click on the photo you want to upload. You should then see a box on the right side of the screen that looks like the photo below. Click the "Direct" link and it should say "Copied". Then go to the posting page here, click the little mountain and sun icon at the top of the text box and paste the link into the box that pops up by clicking Ctrl V.

Admin can delete these posts later.

Attachments

• photobuck.jpg
    photobuck.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 430
To the high country I go! Lots of snow has come down in the last few, I anticipate a rough couple days. Sacrifice for reward, I hope.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back