Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

.32 Caliber Flintlock

dustinf

Anyone know of a decent .32 caliber flintlock for under a $1,000? I found a couple online but I'm looking for some real world input.

Small game. Here in PA muzzleloaders have to be .40 caliber or less for small game hunting.

It's really just for fun. I used an iron sighted .22 last year, and I'm looking to take another step back in technology.

I think I saw one on Dixie Gun Works the other day. I think it was a Pedersoli.

Diving straight into a flint is hardcore. I hunted the NE muzzleloader deer season for years and really enjoyed it but I think I would flinch with a flintlock.

I think I saw one on Dixie Gun Works the other day. I think it was a Pedersoli.

Diving straight into a flint is hardcore. I hunted the NE muzzleloader deer season for years and really enjoyed it but I think I would flinch with a flintlock.

I've been hunting whitetails here with a .50 caliber flintlock for a few years. We have a primitive weapons season that starts after Christmas. It's a really fun time of year to spot and stalk deer with a flintlock.

For those that haven't tried this for whitetails, you are missing out!! I am not quite as hardcore though, I use an inline.

For the primitive weapon season it has to be a side lock, percussion or flint, with iron sights. Or any style archery equipment.

Also, it's the only season you can use your buck tag for doe. Great for freezer filling.

Back