• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
@WNC2500

Caribou - 4 days, then possibly 3 more if I don’t get it done.

Sheep probably like 8 days, 2 days of scouting, 5 days of hunting, 1 day packing out

Moose 5 days of hunting.

Gotta work dates around other folks schedules so is what it is, just gonna plays the cards I was dealt and not worry about holding out for monsters.

I totally agree. You are blessed to get the tags, and to just be able to hunt all of them (especially in one year) is going to create the memories. I agree that it is not about the huge trophies, but the trophies of the moments and the time spent with those around you.

Awesome!!! Congratulations to you and your wife and on the Alaskan Hunts. Good stuff. Good Luck

I guess like tarantino I’ll throw in a flashback.

Last month my wife managed to finagle working a stint in Anchorage. It took a lot to put together, and wasn’t related to hunting. Her job is crazy and it was about the only way she could figure out getting to see her family for a long stretch.

I had aspirations about scouting all three units for critters in a greenhorn esk epic fashion…

Fail lol…

I did get into 2 of the units, and put eyes on moose and I did figure out how I’m getting into the units… but by did that country make me feel like a chump.

View attachment 234889

View attachment 234892

View attachment 234890
FYI the white dots look like goats to me not moose😂 /s

Good luck!! Can't wait for the updates and congratulations on the baby news

Bad idea. Mama will hate it at 8 months and the baby will jump ship early.
We had to get one of these for my wife just to get into my stock height Tundra. But she's short and my youngest was 10 lbs.

1660930511057.png
I'm sure @wllm could build a suitable step out of Le Croix empties for the Mrs. to make it into the Corolla.

Two points.

@wllm you may be the only person I would rather get those tags than have them myself. You're gonna freakin' kill it (even if you don't kill it). I mean, morning of and you're about to crack 5 pages and you're still on the friggin' plane!

Second, enjoy the #*^@#* out of it. All of it. All the sights, smells, tastes, the sweat, the blood, the scenery and wildlife, the flaws, the #*^@#* ups, the weather, the suck and the fun. Enjoy it for all of us who won't be enjoying it, because we don't live life at full throttle like our beloved Mass'hole, because we caved on the classic 9 to 5, and haven't taken a swing for the fence in so long we can't remember how to.

gawdamn I'll jealous.

Last edited:
Man, I would have ran to the gas station to buy Powerball tickets, or hopped a flight to Vegas!

Can’t wait for updates! Goo luck and soak it in.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back