Yeti GOBOX Collection

.308win 130gr ttsx ?

Thinking about going to barns ttsx 130 , anyone’s opinion on them on elk , I also hunt sheep and nilgai but main white tail and mulie , .308 130gr @ 3200 FPS gotta be 1/2 *** decent?
any better bullets for a .308 factory loads

Better bullet's? Depends on how you use what you have! So the answer might be yes and then again no! A properly placed 180gr cup and core bullet properly placed will kill an elk quickly just no deader than a properly placed 130gr mono bullet. Either bullet poorly placed will give you a wounded animal.

So I think the question is will a properly placed 130gr TTSX kill better than an improperly placed 180gr cup and core; I think so. We spend a lot of time emphizing the value of one bullet over another, in fact one cartridge over another but the value is in the placement of the shot more than the bullet used.

With whatever bullet you decide to use, practice enough to place it well and any will work. Good bullet's do not make up for poor marksmanship and poor marksmanship should not disqualify good bullet's. Choosing your bullet probably depends on your attitude toward shooting. Other than an upset dangerous game animal looking for a free meal, I have never seen a shot I had to take! Come to think of it I have never found myself in a position to have to defend myself out hunting either and I suspect the great majority of hunter's haven't!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back