308 ammo..recommendation?

Strange thing. I use a quarter square of toilet paper to hold the powder against the flash hole with cast bullet's. The toilet paper comes out ot the barrel flys about ten feet. Never seen a burned piece of toilet paper, a wood product. I'll try not to bother you anymore!
Find the post where I said wooden bullets burn up when fired.

Last edited:
I am impressed so far with the CVA Cascade appearance etc., but I have not shot it, still getting the scope mounted.

I just recently bought a 308 and found the Federal Fusion & Trophy Bonded both 165gr versions, to be the most accurate so far, printing 5-shot groups that a dime can cover at 100yds., next session I’ll see what they do at 200yds.
165 gr TBT has been devastating for me. Last bull dropped where he stood from 180 yds. I can get 0.8 MOA with this round out to 400 yds (limit of my shooting range). The 180 gr partition also works well and I can get 1 MOA from it if I want to go a bit heavier round. I have found that lighter rounds open up quite a bit for my 308. I am lucky to be under 1.5 MOA.

Hey there! When it comes to 308 ammo, I highly recommend trying out some of the popular options like Federal Premium, Hornady, or Winchester. They all offer reliable performance and are commonly available at most gun stores. You might want to check 17 WSM ammo for sale with your local gun shops or online retailers to see if they have any in stock. Happy shooting!

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back