Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

.300 WSM what’s your choice of ammo?

EKYHunter

Getting ready to start shooting my X Bolt .300 WSM and was wondering what anmo those that hunt with the .300 WSM use? I’m not a reloader yet so I’ll be using factory ammo. What would you guys suggest? I’ll be using it for deer and elk.

I’ve used Barnes 165gr TTSX the past few years. My rifle likes a clean barrel and they group well. Picked up a box of Nosler 180gr E-tips a few weeks ago to try, haven’t shot them yet though. I would personally advise against the hornady ELDx

Same- used Barnes 165 TTSX for several years. However, I tried some 180gr. Accubonds last year at the range and they shot lights out, so I'm thinking of switching. Unfortunately, I need to wait until I know I get more ammo before I can go shoot more.

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the responses. It seems that a lot of you like the Accubonds and the TTSX. Are you guys shooting Nosler factory ammo or Federal? Same question for the Barnes, Vortex ammo or another brand such as Federal? Anyone try the Norma ammo or other brands like Black Hills?

Winchester Silvertips 150 grain. Killed a lot of game with them.

Some say they are too light for elk....I just lol

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the responses. It seems that a lot of you like the Accubonds and the TTSX. Are you guys shooting Nosler factory ammo or Federal? Same question for the Barnes, Vortex ammo or another brand such as Federal? Anyone try the Norma ammo or other brands like Black Hills?
Barnes Vortex for me and Federal Premium Accubonds.

Was checking ammo prices on Midway a few minutes ago. Of course there’s none in stock but man, prices have gone crazy.

Before I sold my .300 WSM, I used Federal 180 grain Trophy Copper and 165 Barnes TTSX, both with great results on deer and elk.

Factory using barnes work well in mine. If you're budget conscious, federal fusions have performed well also. While the eldx may not be a good choice for some caliber/ applications, I have found them to be absolutely deadly out of my 300 wsm (handloads).

I just picked up a 300wsm also. I found some 150 fusions online and also some 165 Hornady American whitetail. I picked up 50 pieces of nosler brass off midwayusa and a box of 150 Barnes TSX’s and a box of 165 TTSX’s. I would be happy with either for whitetails a d will just see which one comes along the best. I should have a load worked up shortly after we have this baby any day now.

I just picked up a 300wsm also. I found some 150 fusions online and also some 165 Hornady American whitetail. I picked up 50 pieces of nosler brass off midwayusa and a box of 150 Barnes TSX’s and a box of 165 TTSX’s. I would be happy with either for whitetails a d will just see which one comes along the best. I should have a load worked up shortly after we have this baby any day now.
Thanks all for the replies!! I appreciate them. Congrats on the baby Tikka06!!

My xbolt wsm shoots factory Nosler 180 accubonds and hornady precision hunter 200 grain eldx into bugholes at 100 yards. It didn't like the factory barnes ammo.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back