Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

30 inches?

1581006040792.png

Super rough estimating method. Measured the lines on my screen in mm. If we guess ear spread is about 22"

22/43 = x/65

x = 33.2" outside. Might be a hair inflated if his head is turned slightly to one side in this photo.

Lets change it up a bit and see what kind of answers we get............. Whats a few guesses on score. Id say high 168-171

Large fronts, long main beams, good mass and width. He almost has it all, but the back fork on his right side looks a little weak, but assuming his eye guards are 3", he'll likely gross around 185"

Last edited:
30+". my Dad's got a buck on the wall that's 28, this deer looks wider than that.

Where's @antlerradar when you need him. I'd say
28. Sweet buck will be a great one next year.
You are putting too much faith in me.
I think that most of the other posters are right. He is right at 30 give or take a little. He doesn't look like an old pot bellied buck with an out sized body so much over 30 is stretching it for me.

My best mule deer is 30 1/8" with a cheater on each antler. The width of his ears on the mount is 19".
My guess on this buck would 30".

He only gets a spread measurement equal to his longest main beam. I can’t see his mains being more than 20-21”....

You're correct, should've been more specific, just meant he'll either get good spread or max out his beams. It is probably his beams.

Agree with above that he is 30”. The pics are not the best but I have a hard time with him breaking 180. Probably 174-176. Either way a great buck and shooter for sure!

Just let me know where you saw him and we can get exact numbers this fall
lol

He’s very close to 30”. I say his ears are a little narrow. If they are the normal 21”-22” wide. Then he is 32”+

Last edited:
Back