Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

30-06 Recommendations

Well, the 5/8 thread is not really going to matter for a while. The gunsmith threaded a barrel for me and it was crooked. Took out most of the baffles and the end cap in my suppressor.
I hope the smith is covering the repair cost! And hopefully you're able to have it repaired without re-entering tax stamp hell.

I hope the smith is covering the repair cost! And hopefully you're able to have it repaired without re-entering tax stamp hell.
He is. He is an honest guy. I am waiting on an email from Silencer Central. I think if the outer structure is still intact they can repair it.

They just aren't for me. Can't get the feeling of plastic out of my head from the one I handled in 2004. I'm sure they are fine, but I'll keep my Remingtons. mtmuley
The entry-level, factory-standard stocks are brutal but, fortunately, there are a lot of great aftermarket options for Tikkas. The higher price point Tikkas seem to have pretty serviceable stocks, though.

Thanks everyone. I decided to purchase a HOWA barreled action from Brownell's in 30-06. They had a 15% off coupon for it, so it was a very good price. I have the adapter for it on hand (y'all kind of talked me into that) and also a custom 30 cal brake I had made for a previous HOWA that is the correct profile for the barrel. I think I may go old school and get a walnut stock from Boyd's. I have a new Arken 5-24x50 in the box that was waiting for my next rifle.

Shows how much I know about bolt guns. I didn't know Mouser made .30-06s.

Skip the scope - a good 03 comes with a Lyman 48. All you need.

View attachment 318566
Several firms, including DWM (Mauser parent company) sent rifles in American cartridges to the new world for sale. A&F VL&D, etc imported them & sold them to discerning gentlemen, not those enamored with the crudely crafted American steel of the time.

Get a used Tikka or Howa. Solid rifles at good prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back