Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

3” semi auto 12ga recommendations

RanWhenParked

Hey gang,

I developed a nasty case of tennis elbow on my supporting arm at the end of last season and this is the excuse I’ve been looking for to get a semi auto 12ga.

I think I’d like to keep it under $700. I’m not sold that I need 3.5” capability- particularly if it sacrifices reliability with 2.75 or 3” shells.

I see bunches of SBE2 Turkish clones.. handled both the Girsan 312 and the SBE, both felt good. I’d like to see a Mossberg 930 or 940 next time I head to town.

Any strong recommendations ? Inertia vs gas?

Thanks guys

It is out of your price range but I have shot a lot of the typical semi auto waterfowl guns and there is absolutely no comparison to the SBE 3. Inertia driven for sure, especially if you hunt on cold days. The SBE 2 isn't a whole lot different than the 3.

For in your price range, the Franchi Affinity is a great choice. My wife shoots a short stock version and she really likes it. I've messed around with it at the clays course and have nothing bad to say about it.

I've enjoyed my SBEIII in 20 gauge but the POI weirdness is still something I'm having to adjust to. +1 to seeth's Franchi Affinity recommendation. For gas guns in that price range, you can just about land in a Beretta A300.

I'll never have another intertia gun due to too many experiences with the Benelli click issue. Others will say its not an issue, but it is. If I spend that kind of money on a gun, it better go bang when the bolts closed and I pull the trigger. I experienced it with Benelli Venci and M2 models before getting rid of them.

Winchester SX3 or SX4 or Browning Maxus shotguns have been 100% reliable for me and my son whether duck hunting or shooting sporting clays.

TriStar Viper G2.

It's a cheap semi auto from Turkey & I'd get one if I was in the same market you are.

Trigger was good, shouldered great & I busted 20 on a round w/o ever shooting it before.

You can get a stoeger within that price range. I have an m3500 and it’s amazing. Never had a single issue with it. One time I dunked it in a pond (accidentally) and it froze solid. I thawed out the trigger and safety enough to shoot and shot a duck with it to knock the rest of the ice off.
I imagine the m3000 is just as good.

You can get a stoeger within that price range. I have an m3500 and it’s amazing. Never had a single issue with it. One time I dunked it in a pond (accidentally) and it froze solid. I thawed out the trigger and safety enough to shoot and shot a duck with it to knock the rest of the ice off.
I imagine the m3000 is just as good.
not correct. the m3000 is pure garbage. the m3500 doesn't have the same trigger problem, it uses a slightly different piece. I can post up photos later of what happens to the m3000. There is a part in the trigger assembly that is plastic and will constantly break when it gets cold due to the plastic getting brittle under cold temps. I had the piece replaced 3 times before I just went and had a stainless piece made instead on my own.

I have a camo Stoeger 3" gun that I would sell if you are interested in going that route.

I have been please with my Versa Max that was that price when I bought it but a quick search looks like they have climbed up a bit above that now.

Make sure whatever you buy fits well. Your eye is the rear sight, and even if you love the new gun, if it doesn't come up with your eye aligned down the barrel it's going to be tough to shoot well.
I'm a big fan of Beretta 390's, 391's. You should be able to find a used one in your price range.

not correct. the m3000 is pure garbage. the m3500 doesn't have the same trigger problem, it uses a slightly different piece. I can post up photos later of what happens to the m3000. There is a part in the trigger assembly that is plastic and will constantly break when it gets cold due to the plastic getting brittle under cold temps. I had the piece replaced 3 times before I just went and had a stainless piece made instead on my own.
Oh yikes! I had no idea.
Definitely don’t go with the m3000 in that case

Thanks guys. The two guys that got me out duck hunting run M3000’s, one of them has had a “click” issue. The other guys gun has issues with 2 3/4” shells.

Honestly even if that was the obvious choice I’d resist, I get too much satisfaction giving them crap for having matching guns 😂

I love my Beretta A400. I use it mostly for dove hunting. Zero issues in the six years I've had it. Roughly 2500 rounds thru it.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back