3 first timers day-by-day

We arrived to where we are camping around 2:15 this afternoon. 30 hours total from when we left NC to when we stopped. It was a long trip to get here, but man is it worth it. There are plenty of prettier places in Wyoming, but this is still gorgeous. Looking forward to scouting some of the more promising areas of this unit tomorrow. There are two other groups that are camping here currently. We already spoke to one group to make sure we aren't in their way. Nice people. Feels good to be off the road. I'm currently sitting on top of a tall hill beside camp since its the only place I foind signal to post from. Totally worth it. I came up here to glass for the evening but may just enjoy looking out in silence and peace. As I'm writing this, I actually just noticed a small buck walking across the plains. Excitement level through the roof now. I'll post some pics of camp and see if I can finagle a picture through my binos of the antelope.
cd1adcac43db7949efa646a366e6c4d5.jpg
0d2d35960b84fe6289f69f0f7ccc0786.jpg
2475fa0663c1151f2cd5ac4250d3b569.jpg
d3ad924195a1b4d374e232816fe3d035.jpg

Looks like a good camping spot good trees can be hard to come by in antelope country. Keep a eye on the weather and good luck.

Reactions: LCH
Well we are 500 miles in. Currently stopped for gas. Just about to cross into Kentucky. Thankfully uneventful travel so far. A few pics of the car at departure.

😳

You have a lot of...stuff!!

Good luck guys. Looks like you got the hard part out of the way already (you know, getting to Wyoming).

Great setup! Can’t wait to see that Camry loaded down with full coolers!
Good luck on a successful hunt.

Well, we are about to head back to camp which means no service. We got a lot of good scouting done. Potential rain tonight which may leave us stranded at camp. Plenty of land to hunt around camp though, so we will make the most of it. If we are able to get out, we were able to get a lot of spots marked on the map to try out. Confirmed zero on the rifles today as well. Looking forward to walking with a tag in my pocket and rifle on my shoulder. Hopefully I'll also get to put some meat in my pack as well.

Thanks for all the comments so far. We're enjoying ourselves for sure. Tomorrow the real fun begins.

Go get ‘em!! I hope the rain holds off for you. Good luck!!

I always appreciate people that make do with what they have.
I don't mind holding my words and let people learn the hard way, but you guys deserve a good time.

Incoming rain and pitching your tent in the pond may not be the best idea.
You might want to move it up a little higher out of the green grass.

Keep having Fun!

Good luck!
Looks like a cold camp to me, lol.
Good advice from walking buffalo.

My thoughts as well on the camp. Low spots with green grass don't tend to be very good when a downpour hits.

Best of luck on your hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back