This 3 1/2 year-old buck died of EHD in 2013. When I found it the bone was burned, chalk/cracked, and rodents had done a number on it. The first pic is after I had scraped off all the burnt bone. I thought it would make a fun first try at a restoration project, since it was kind of a unique skull with 11 points on 3 antlers. Over the last month I used these two videos as guides: Rebuild tines; Chalk to brown. Supplies were about $50. It all worked really well except one mistake - from about 2" up the tines from the main beam to the tips they need to be super smooth after applying the diluted wood filler. Otherwise, the stain cannot be completely rubbed off to get nice white tips. I'll remember for next time.