2nd Wyoming hunt

Busyfarmin

My broth and i went on our 2nd pronghorn hunt and my goad was to get him a goat since the 1st time he went home empty handed. This was a type 2 tag which we had to hunt within half mile of irrigated which made things kinda frustrating since we could find alot of antelope and weren't able to pursue them.
We went out a day early to scout and located a few bucks. 20170814_200344_zpspfkn3vhd.jpg
Opening day we found one of the good bucks from our scouting day but was not in a location we could go after him. A bit later found a nice buck but neither one of us felt like we hunted hard enough yet to earn him yet. We hunted the rest of day and couldn't find one we thought was big enough.
Snapchat-1219698806_zpsqxwjymcb.jpgSnapchat-1519166574_zpskotp7e5q.jpg
The next day we got on a buck early and after and watched him for awhile and let him come to us.
Screenshot_20170820-214937_zps0pigx705.jpg

He finally got to 250 yards broadside and my brother took a shot he we thought missed but had actually taken a little hair off his back. We got a good look at him about 20 minutes after the shot before he disappeared. We were unable to find any blood. We then went to look for a buck for me and that evening i found a buck and was able to get him. Not sure how old he was but his teeth weren't in very good shape.
20170816_194616_zpsuphab8zk.jpg

The 3rd morning of the hunt we went back to where my brother had shot at the buck the morning before with hopes of finding him, Sure enough he was back in the same spot. after looking at him for a bit i could see some blood on his back so we knew then we had to find a way to get him. After waiting him out a bit my brother got another shot at him and this time made it count.
download.jpg

Attachments

• 20170817_120327_zpsujbr3syp.jpg
    20170817_120327_zpsujbr3syp.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Nice job! Very glad to see you went after the "wounded" buck. Sounds like a grazing shots but still nice to see followup.
Nice prongs.
Did you all have trouble finding access or just hunted the travel route down to the irrigated?

The G&F lab in Laramie will age the teeth but they charge for the service. They need the front , middle 2 teeth.

Nice job! Very glad to see you went after the "wounded" buck. Sounds like a grazing shots but still nice to see followup.
Nice prongs.
Did you all have trouble finding access or just hunted the travel route down to the irrigated?

The G&F lab in Laramie will age the teeth but they charge for the service. They need the front , middle 2 teeth.

We mostly hunted in blm where they were traveling in and out of irrigated. We hunted a few walk ins that were irrigated also. Access was pretty good but had to go a ways into the blm and walk down to back side of the irrigated.

Nice bucks! I've never given those tags much consideration, but you guys did well with them.

Congrats! Still need to do this. Think I have 9 or 10 pts! ...Got elk on the brain...

Nice prongs.

Antelope are one of the easiest big game animals to age out to 4 years of age. They replace their incisors starting in the middle and one on each side is replaced each year until all 8 (four on each side) are replaced. When you have harvested an antelope with all the incisors replaced you have just killed a muture animal.

ClearCreek

Back