Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2nd week of sept 2013, any hunt suggestions?

johnnybow

At work i have to plan my vacation extremely early. I took the week of sept 9th to go out to wy and rifle antelope hunt in unit 95. What i didnt relize is that the draw takes alot of preference points. So now im stuck with this week and i cant switch dates. Im looking for any ideas on where to hunt during that week. Im open to any specie or possibly any state in the lower 48. Im not looking for anybodys honey holes, just seasons that are a possibility for me. I prefer to hunt on my own and without a guide if possible. Thanks so much.

Click on the link below and write down all of the units that will open or be open during your vacation time and any restrictions on the tag. Then go into the draw odds and see which ones, if any, that you can draw with no PPs. When you get that list made, then call the G&F at the nearest Office to the unit(s) out there to get a list of ranchers if there isn't a lot of public land that's accessible. Also look on the G&F website at the WIHA and HMA lists for those units to see if there are any private properties under those two programs that you can access in those units. If you need help when you get a lot of that done, send me a PM and I'd be glad to help you more.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/Departments/Hunting/pdfs/WGFDAPP13_TENTATIVEANT_FP0003505.pdf

Last edited:
At work i have to plan my vacation extremely early. I took the week of sept 9th to go out to wy and rifle antelope hunt in unit 95. What i didnt relize is that the draw takes alot of preference points. So now im stuck with this week and i cant switch dates. Im looking for any ideas on where to hunt during that week. Im open to any specie or possibly any state in the lower 48. Im not looking for anybodys honey holes, just seasons that are a possibility for me. I prefer to hunt on my own and without a guide if possible. Thanks so much.

Find another unit you can draw that opens up that early, it really is hard to have a bad lope hunt in Wyoming. Do you have any points? Would make it easier if you did, if not its still doable. Shoot me a pm if you want, I can provide suggestions if your stuck.

Archery elk in Colorado will be open

That's what I was thinking. Hard to think of much else during September, if you haven't done it here is your chance. First bugle will make you forget all about antelope. Many states have OTC tags, if you don't have points pick a state for OTC and apply there as well. Example would be you could draw a great tag in Idaho that you would be buying a license for anyway. Good luck.

Take 2 weeks too Idaho from 10-24 hunt lopes first 3 days, the rest of the time for elk, the second archery antelope season is unlimited just have too put in for it, than buy an OTC elk tag,
Matt

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back