Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2nd to last day buck for the boy!!

whitetailfreak

Well my boy finally was able to make it happen this weekend. We have been hunting really hard since i shot my buck 2nd weekend and there has been alot of highs and lows in this years hunting. On friday after thanksgiving we went out hunting and had no luck in the morning headed back for lunch and rested up for the afternoon hunt. On our way to spot we spotted a buck and doe beded up in a fence line and so we made a plan to make a stalk on the but in the process we were spotted, as the started to head out i hit my grunt/wheeze call and just like that he was turned around and headed right back our way so i had my boy get set up and told him to just wait as the buck would come right to us. Well unfortuintly for the boy the buck stoped is some tall grass and the boy got worried that the buck would leave and took a shot and shot right over him, he was very dissapointed to say the least but thats hunting i told him.The rest of the afternoon didnt get any better for him as it was just bad luck after bad luck. So we decided to sit the next morning out as the wind was blowing 45+ steady and cold. I convinced him that we should go out in the afternoon as it could really good. As luck would have it we watched a good buck and some does go bed down in dried up dam that has thick cover. So we made our plan and we were able to stalk right up to the dam bank without any deer busting us and we were sitting good. Now the waiting game started as we had just wait the buck out for to start feeding the eveing. It now only about 20mins of light left and this buck finally starts to feed and at last light he gave us great broad side shot and the boy made a great shot. I was so happy for him considering all the bad luck he had. I was the happiest father at that moment. Lots of high fives as my dad was with us too so it was a great moment.

As you will see in the pic he has a little freakyness on his one side that was a added bonus we thought it was just broken off.

Attachments

• dalttons deer 2011 007ab.jpg
    dalttons deer 2011 007ab.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 289
  • dalttons deer 2011 005a.jpg
    dalttons deer 2011 005a.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 291
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member