Sitka Pre Season Savings

.270 for Elk?

My nephew shot his first bull this year 240yds one shot. with his 270. I'm taking my 270 WSM on my sheep/caribou hunt in a couple of weeks. This will be it's maiden voyage. I'm sure it will do fine if I can only find a critter big enough.

Someone forgot to tell this bull that a 140 grain from a .270 could mean danger.......at least out to the 240 yard range he was standing. One shot, and he went about 20 yards.

DSCF0038-1.JPG

Someone forgot to tell this bull that a 140 grain from a .270 could mean danger.......

Texans, Californians, and, I guess, I should add "fancy-pants Hollywood TV-Star types" to those who vouch for the .270 . . . . .

Funny how somebody who grows up on the "hard-scrabble streets" of Bozeman would think a .300 is better....

I really like my .300 for just about anything. It is probably overkill for antelope, but does very well with larger game like elk.

.270 for elk?

Don't see why not, my wife uses one and it does just fine in western Wa. I use an old russian 7.62x54R myself. Long range shooter capable of bull moose.::hump:

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back