Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

27 Nosler , it's official!

Having held both cases side by side it seems like the Nosler has quite a bit more capacity. IMO the Weatherby will kill things just as well but you should be able to stuff more powder and slightly longer bullets in the Nos. The Nosler action is a lot lighter than the Wby so if you were wanting to shave some weight and run the Proof carbon fiber barrel then Nos is your gun.
Nothing wrong with having a cool new toy!
Some good possibilities for sure. Just saying that the data Nosler emailed me showed very similar performance between Nosler and WBY.

Off the website I have wonder what they used to cobble up the comparisons? 2880 out of a 270 win with a 26" barrel is anemic at best. I have no experience with either the WSM or the WBY. I realize that making a new offering appeal to the public and generate interest/sales is part of the whole marketing scheme, but at least give it a good comparison.

My 20 year old elk load recipe of IMR 4350 and 150gr Partitions ( not even max charges) is 2850 out of a 24" barrel.

I absolutely love Nosler and shoot them darn near exclusively but this is a head shaker.

nosler.JPG

What in the world would we do without a new 27 cal cartridge? Extreme lack of bullet's is a problem I don't see in any cartridge. I have a 30-06 and a 308 and you won't believe this but neither will shoot more than on bullet at a time! If I was hunting deer, I wouldn't take either, I'd take a smaller cal rifle that also shoot's one bullet at a time. I have found over the years that in my 308 all I've ever needed is 165gr bullet's, that's all I keep around for it, your idea may vary. In the 30-06 all I keep around is 180gr bullet's. 30-06 is the biggest cartridge I have and if for some reason I don't know I was to go hunting on purpose for dangerous animals, ie bears, I'd simply up to 200 gr bullet's and call it good.

If either the 308 or the 30-06 was all I had, I can assure you that the bullet's I use in both will do a good job on anything I would hunt . Never hunted a moose but I'd also do moose with either and their bullet. Hunting deer, my 243, 25-06, 6.5x55, All handle suitable bullet's with less recoil than the 30's to some degree!
ImBillT was talking about the .277 caliber being largely (until the last few years) ignored in regards to the new bullets boasting high ballistic coefficients, but it looks like you just took the opportunity to rant. Some of us prefer our .277 caliber rifles and enjoy trying to put small groups at good distances on paper in addition to harvesting wildlife.

Last edited:
Midway USA has 95 flavors of bullet for the .27 bore. Compare that to the .25's 40. Then look at some of the obscure caliber's like the .35 or the 9.3. I'd say it's a great time to own a 6.8.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back