Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

.22LR bolt-action

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Add one more for CZ, I have a 452 with Williams peep sights but have my eye on a 457 with a heavy barrel for scoped use. They are great shooters for a fair price and good looking walnut stocks.
My buddy just scoped his yesterday in the heavy barrel. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

Ruger American is more accurate than me. I prefer synthetic stocks if used for hunting. The adjustable stock modules could be nice to properly fit your younger shooters. I have enough 22 lr rifles but the Tikka T1x would be a nice addition.

Used ruger 77/22? I’ve got a 22 mag version I love and I’ve always been interested to find a 22lr model to match it. I’m also interested in the new Christensen arms 22 that is supposed to be out soon
That has me interested as well! CA should make a good little rifle.

I bought the first Tikka T1x I came across, went out and shot it, then went a bought another. I've had a couple of the Ruger Americans, and they a phenomenal rifle for the cost, especially in you already have stacks of 10/22 mags around. Mountain Tactical makes some great parts for the T1x, I added the billet bottom metal and extended mag release to mine, and it just improved an already excellent rifle.

Browning T Bolt! I have a 30+ year old 1 and a newer 1 for my oldest boy. They are both incredibly accurate and there are lots of models/finishe.

I'm in the market for a bolt action 22 and it'll likely be either the Tikka or a Ruger American. I have a Tikka centerfire that I intend on using for a lot of hunts, so I'm leaning towards the T1X as a good trainer. Would set it up identical to the centerfire one. However, the Ruger with SS and laminate stock has my attention as well. I've heard of a few folks having a few glitches with the Rugers, but have yet to read of anything negative (regarding function or accuracy) on the Tikka.

I really like my 77/22 and will buy one for my kids. I've had it have shot a fair number of others mentioned here, and still prefer the Ruger. Unless they have changed something the trigger will need a little work, otherwise super shooters. I have/had or shot a lot of different 22s, Anschutz, CZ, Marlin, Sako (pile of poop), winchester, Savage and Remington. The Ruger I have now will put 10 inside a quarter or less with cheap ammo at 25 yards, and a dime with match, equal or better than either of the Anschutz I've had. Savages are ugly and the ergos suck but shoot very well too. All in all most all shoot well, but some a have better feel to them. The CZ is very nice in the hand and smooth, best of the crowd, IMO.

I'm in the market for a bolt action 22 and it'll likely be either the Tikka or a Ruger American. I have a Tikka centerfire that I intend on using for a lot of hunts, so I'm leaning towards the T1X as a good trainer. Would set it up identical to the centerfire one. However, the Ruger with SS and laminate stock has my attention as well. I've heard of a few folks having a few glitches with the Rugers, but have yet to read of anything negative (regarding function or accuracy) on the Tikka.
I picked up a Tikka .17 last summer and it is a tack driver. Great little rifle.

I have a Tikka t1 and would buy another in a second. I also have a Ruger 77/22 that I like, but the Tikka outshoots it hands down.

My sisters and I grew up shooting a Winchester 69a, sweet little rifle. I might have to see if I can pry it out of my sisters hands:)

Used ruger 77/22? I’ve got a 22 mag version I love and I’ve always been interested to find a 22lr model to match it. I’m also interested in the new Christensen arms 22 that is supposed to be out soon

I have a 77/22 in 22LR that shoots really well. Brownell's and Midway both sell accessorizing toys for it.

I see them New in Box on GunBroker still.

Having said that, I really like the CZ. They are a nice looking rifle.

I'm a huge fan of 22lrs that feel like a centerfire rifle in balance, weight, and feel. Especially for kids. Tops for me is the 77/22 followed closely by the browning t bolt. I've never laid handsbon the cz but I believe it falls into that relm as well. Hard to beat a bolt gun to teach kids how to shoot.

I'd add the Marlin 39a but they are only available through the custom shop now. 3k is a bit steep for a plinker. A used one is still a cool him to have.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back