.22LR bolt-action

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

HT,

I need some advice, I'm trying to pick out a new bolt action .22 for small game. Accuracy is my main priority!

Let's hear your suggestions!

P.S. I'd prefer a bolt action for training young ones!

Thanks

I had a bolt .22 and a pump .410 during my training wheel period. I would like to have one for small game yearly and training when need be

I have cz 452 and remington model 5 which is a rebadged zastava. Very happy with both. The cz would be my first choice out of the 2. They're upto the cz457 now. Different design so can't comment on it.

I only have a 10/22 so far, but like you have been looking to get a bolt action 22lr. The Tikka T1x or the CA Ranger 22 are the two I’m most interested in myself. I like that the Ranger is 10/22 mag compatible.

I think CZ will be your best value for a high quality bolt action .22, but Anschutz would be my go-to if money was no object.

Regarding CZs, I’m not directly aware of the model details but it’s my understanding they switched their safety direction. Apparently it used to be a Rem M700 style but opposite direction. That recently changed due to hunter safety instructors’ feedback so the newest model(s) mirrors the style and direction of the Rem M700s.

The CZ's and Savages are pretty accurate rifles. Bergara has a 22 bolt action as well, it seems to be very accurate, but I'm not sure how the cost compares to the others. Or go all-out and get a RimX action from Zermatt Arms and build from there.

Thanks for all of the inputs! I'm looking at the Tikka and the Bergara!

Buy a CZ and forget it for the money they can't be beat. Mine out shoots my Anschutz and it cost twice more than the CZ. Not to mention they are beautiful rifles also the latest is the 457 I have the 455. My Anschutz20200212_183231.jpg

Back