Caribou Gear

.22 Mag Bolt action Tube fed

Redmt

I'm looking for a bolt action .22 mag tube fed rifle. I was wanting the Marlin 70855 but it doesn't seem to be any on this planet. Marlin brand is not exactly necessary but that rifle in particular fits the bill. I want to stay under $500.00 Anybody have one or have any other brand suggestions?

The 783’s should do it! There is also some stainless and laminate models out too but I can’t remember the model at the moment.

Like any Marlin bolt action, they aren’t the slickest actions but the generally shoot well. Rifle Basix makes triggers for them too to sweeten them a bit.

I have had a Marlin 881 forever and it is a tack driver well past 100yds. I'm hoping a .22 mag will do the same.
I’ve got a 981T in .22lr that does the same thing. Just gets a bit tricky as the scope base screw holes were drilled crooked so as the ranges go out, your zero changes. Very accurate rifle, but wish the quality control would have been better.

I’ve got a 981T in .22lr that does the same thing. Just gets a bit tricky as the scope base screw holes were drilled crooked so as the ranges go out, your zero changes. Very accurate rifle, but wish the quality control would have been better.
I've got a 981T that I love. Needless to say it's had some work done on it..

I have a Marlin 983T .22 mag that I have never shot. The finish is worn some and it has light rust freckles. I should shoot it and see what it does. It is blue with a synthetic stock. My brother had one years ago in stainless that shot really well. I am not sure that it was the exact same model, but it looked identical. It would shoot right around an inch at 100 yards, which I could hardly believe at the time. That was in the late 90s and not long after that it was stolen out of his truck.

I have a Marlin 983T .22 mag that I have never shot. The finish is worn some and it has light rust freckles. I should shoot it and see what it does. It is blue with a synthetic stock. My brother had one years ago in stainless that shot really well. I am not sure that it was the exact same model, but it looked identical. It would shoot right around an inch at 100 yards, which I could hardly believe at the time. That was in the late 90s and not long after that it was stolen out of his truck.
Let me know if you decide you don't want it.

How modern of a rifle are you looking for? Mossberg and Remington made some fine looking options for your criteria, might ruin them aesthetically if you mount a scope, but the ones I’ve handled have all been good shooters with irons.

What I'll use it for is high volume ground squirrels out to 200 + -. It would definitely have a scope
Gotcha. I had forgot you’re looking for a .22mag. My previous post is irrelevant, sorry about that. I think Marlin is still going to be your best bet that I know of.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back