$22 million? looks like its not over,,,,,,,,,,

Tom,
Don't think I am comparing you guys in Texas to pimps. I know it sounds like it. Sorry if I made is sound like the "Texas" game farmers are all pimp daddys. I'm saying that here in Montana, it is a very close comparison. In fact, I really can't think of anything else that comes close in comparison. In Texas, it is a great industry as you mentioned. Here in Montana, the game farmers might as well wear big purple hats, gold chains and listen to rap music in there chopped caddys. Kind of like me.
:cool: I'm a pimp, baby

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-26-2002 09:51: Message edited by: Weekend Warrior ]</font>

Greenhorn, I think we all need to chip in and get Ol' WW bred! I think he's little obsessed. Could that be from the "lack of"??
Got to "bug out" and try to sell some guns and make a living. You guys have a great day!! Ol Bob

WW is known in this town as man-whore or Chico-punta. I don't think he's lacking in the nookiegetting department. My wife swore long ago to never set him up with any of her friends. When he's done with them, they are scarred for life, and quite often end up in a padded cell, drooling, mumbling... He's a bad dude.

Greenhorn, btw chico punta translates litterally as "small point"....Could be a reason the girls call him that...hehehehe Bob

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-26-2002 10:20: Message edited by: BbarC ]</font>

Oh no! Is that why I leave them scarred!:eek:
Hey, I can appreciate good humor Bob. :D
I do think you need to brush up on your spanish a bit. Either that, or my hearing is going. Maybe they were calling me punto cito and I thought it was chico punta. Chit I sure hope not. :confused:

The way you guys talk, WW sounds like a good Montana elk hunter. :( Here's the spelling according to the pretty Spanish speaking lady down the hall. Puto cito, that's the little male hore, puta is a female one. If they call you that, you say, safo. That means it goes back to you.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-26-2002 10:50: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

By the way, if you guys want to pitch in and buy me a "you know what", I will be your buddy for life.

Small Point. Your new name. That's good. And I already bought you one of those I thought.

Tom, for what it's worth, I don't hunt with whole lot of folks. Quality over quantity. WW is the best elk hunting partner I have. I especially like the way he packs my meat. :D

Tom and I are both only a couple hours from Mexico. Tom, you remember the "olden days" when we were younger and you could buy or "catch" about anything you wanted down there for 5 bucks?? Hey this has drifted long way from elk hunting, guess I'm lot to blame! But we needed to lighten up friends. Bob

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-26-2002 11:08: Message edited by: BbarC ]</font>

I've heard stories like that Bob. I heard about this $5000 whitetail hunt down there last year with a personal maid to take care of a guy's every need while there. I went to the Cadilac bar down there last year and they had smoking and gambling right in the restaurant. The city code allowed loose wires hanging all over on the streets. I bought some good liquor for a cheap price but then all the all the taxes and border crossing fees made it come out about the same. That's a border town though. Its not all its made out to be, but I'm not into the crazy stuff.

Maybe you know of a elk hunting high fence place thats big with lots of cover? I don't have a problem with people shooting elk anywhere its legal, the hunt and the elk are two different things.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I'm sure if we were at a PETA meeting, these kinds of arguments would be welcome as the PETA people are totally against hunting of any kind and this gives them reasons to be that way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom you are exactly right! Good to see you're finally seeing it my way :D

"Hunting" fenced-in elk does just that...gives PETA one more good argument to use against hunting. These types of people think hunters are some kind of bloodthirsty killers, with no respect for wildlife or anything else. People paying thousands of dollars to kill a "trophy elk" that is half tame, just proves to them that they are right. That is one of the reasons true hunters should not support elk ranches. (except in Texas, of course ;) )

Washington Hunter, I'm not sure I see it your way. It sounds like you see it PETAs way, and I don't see it that way. They don't like killing animals at all, you don't like killing animals on game ranches. You agree with them there, I don't. I think if a guy wants to kill an animal, half tame or not, for food and the experience at one of those places, its fine. Of course I don't vote in all those states and I'm only one vote in this state.

If people chase those animals around on those places and shoot at them, they aren't too tame. Also, if an out in the wild animal hasn't been shot at for a while, its half tame. Like on opening day, they are a lot less wild than later in the season, at least that's my experience. :D

I tend to look at things a little differently from a lot of others. My thought on this is:
What is the difference in buying a beef and slaughtering it OR Buying an elk and slautering it. The bottomline is you are still paying for a commodity that is in demand.
Ethics should have no play in this whatsoever because we all know it isn't really hunting it is just shooting. Anyone can call it anything they want cause this is America and we all have the freedom of speech!
This reminds me of religion, who am I to tell another individual what is right or wrong according to what they believe. That doesn't mean I have to agree it simply means I need to respect others right to choose.

As long as it doesn't effect the wildlefe or us as individuals why should I give a rip.

Although if I had a chance to vote I surely would vote my opinion. This is the way things are done in this country. If you don't like it just change it through the power of public opinion in the polls baby!!

I,m not really sure because I have not kept up on this topic but is the main concern with tame elk escaping to the wild and the possibility of CWD being spread to the wild populations?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-27-2002 11:14: Message edited by: raybow 1 ]</font>

I agree Raybow.. It's especially nice here when you know your state hunting license dollars are what's being used to monitor, clean-up, and inspect all the 2-bit diesease infested canned elk operations.

good post raybow! thats exactly right! and the power of public opinion voted it out! whats to argue about!

I don't know what most of you guys do for a living, but some know what I do, obviously not much today. Let's try out a little story.
Once upon a time, there were two guys that lived out in Montanny named Greenhorn and Weekend Warrior. Two really nice guys that worked very hard.They both really liked wild rasberries. They both liked going out and picking wild raspberries, but one day Greenhorn said, we like wild raspberries so much , why don't we start raising them. We can have what we want and we can probably charge people to come pick them. WW said, great idea!!Wild raspberries didnt grow in all states, but WW and Greenhorn went around to different states and picked out the best plants they could find for their farm. They did quite well for several years with their farm, having all the wild raspberries they could eat and they charged others that came to their farm to pick the wild raspberries. They still went out to the woods on occasion to pick wild raspberries just because they just liked getting out in the woods. Suddenly one day a group of folks said , hey picking berries on your farm is nothing at all like picking the berries in the woods!!!Your berries are "mutant" berries and they are going to affect the wild berries. You do not have any right growing these wild raspberries!!!!Greenhorn and WW said we enjoy growing these raspberries and we have lots of people that enjoy coming to pick them, many of which don't have time to go to the woods to pick them. In the mean time a mushy whusy mildew developed in the wild raspberries over in Alabama and began to show up in a few other parts of the country. Well, a furror arouse and a few of the dedicated wild raspberry pickers that liked only wood's picked berries began to shout at Greenhorn and WW, you and others like you are totally at fault for the spread of the mushy whusy mildew in the wild raspberries. Well Greenhorn and WW and the few others that were farming wild raspberries tried desperately to help find a substance that would control the mushy whusy mildew that would help their raspberries and the wild raspberries growing in the woods too, but to no avail.SUddenly the voice of the few against them growing wild raspberries grew so load that their state passed a law making it difficult for Greenhorn and WW to grow and sell the wild raspberries that they loved so much.Greenhorn and WW tried desperately to give away the wild raspberry plants they they had nurtured but the uproar prevented them from doing that.Soon Greenhorn and WW lost all the money that they had put into their wild raspberry farm. Sad story, BUT COULD BE TRUE

From Ol Bob {with toooo much time on his hands!]

Haha that's hilarious. Not the stupid rasberry story.. but the fact that WW has been trying to kill these rasberry bushes in his yard to no avail for weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back