$22,000 Contest Hunt

Doug

I thought maybe some of you Western coyote hunters would find this interesting. Last weekend there was a big coyote contest hunt here in pa. There was over 4500 registered hunters for this event. The total payout was over $22,000. The winner walked away with a check for $7500. For all the hunters there was only 38 coyotes killed. Here's a link to hunt results showing the payouts and # of animals taken.
http://www.pennswoods.net/~mosquito/coyote.html
Doug

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-20-2002 19:17: Message edited by: Doug ]</font>

Hmm, I don't think Del would do very good in this contest. Shootin' those dogs with his .300Win wouldn't leave much left to weigh! :D ;)

Oak

Now I know why Del said to use my 458. It was so his would weigh more than mine upon weighing. What a shifty charactor he is at times ;) :rolleyes:

LMAO.... I always wante dto get in one of those big ones.. we have had them here but all the wakos show up and start cryinig and get them shut down.... we have the antelope eaters one in seligman every year but they cant pay any money.. so the give 1 raffle ticket per coyote killed and i belive 5 for bobcats and 10 for lions.. its a three day event..

In az some people shoot up to 30 coyotes a day some more and some alot less...

Delw

If the ground were big enough to support that many hunters at the same time. That might be kinda fun....

Ah heck Debbie, You could say I posted it so everyone could see what goes on in predator hunting. I've never entered a contest hunt myself, but I know some guys who really enjoy the contests. The fact that it took 4500 hunters to bring in 38 animals shows me that the contests don't make a big a dent in the coyote population (here in Pa anyway).
Doug

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back