Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2023 Montana Draw!!!!

I think they started issuing them at the time of application as opposed to adding them only if unsuccessful? That’s what they did for B tags and antelope last year.
I can corroborate. My boys applied for Elk B tags last year. They were the only two NRs in the pool. Drawing stats show them with 1 point above the amount I know they had when they applied. It’s a freak show

I can corroborate. My boys applied for Elk B tags last year. They were the only two NRs in the pool. Drawing stats show them with 1 point above the amount I know they had when they applied. It’s a freak show
They didn’t reflect them when you checked between applying and drawing?

Just talked with a buddy who applied for a LE he should draw and said his points haven't changed yet. For what that's worth it's MT as we know lol. Guessing tomorrow is the day.

I think they started issuing them at the time of application as opposed to adding them only if unsuccessful? That’s what they did for B tags and antelope last year.
I'm not just talking about deer and elk. Moose, sheep, goat, antelope, everything went up by one point. Considering the draw deadline hasn't even come for those its a bit strange I already have a point. I'm probably on some no draw list at FWP so they already know.

Zero chance this draw happens tomorrow if what people are saying is true.

I'm not just talking about deer and elk. Moose, sheep, goat, antelope, everything went up by one point. Considering the draw deadline hasn't even come for those its a bit strange I already have a point. I'm probably on some no draw list at FWP so they already know.
Have you applied for all those species this year already?

As of last year I believe they started applying the bonus point to your cumulative total at the time you apply if you chose to purchase a point at the time of applying. Whereas in years prior they used to only apply the bonus point if you were unsuccessful in the application and chose to purchase a point at the time of applying.

In my own example I was given an additional deer and elk bonus point when I applied for those species this year. I have not yet applied for other species, pending results from the deer and elk drawing, and still have the same amount of bonus points for those that I did last year.

I was surprised last year by receiving an antelope point before the drawing and posted a thread on HT about it. If I recall, another member called licensing and they told him they now apply points at the time of application.

Maybe everyone who isn’t seeing a point they requested at the time of application should call licensing tomorrow and ask specifically why their points are wonky then report FWP’s answer back here? Mine seem to be all squared away thus far. All this conjecture is killing me.

My daughters points jumped and she didn’t even apply. They haven’t drawn but there’s something hosed with that site right now

Have you applied for all those species this year already?

As of last year I believe they started applying the bonus point to your cumulative total at the time you apply if you chose to purchase a point at the time of applying. Whereas in years prior they used to only apply the bonus point if you were unsuccessful in the application and chose to purchase a point at the time of applying.

In my own example I was given an additional deer and elk bonus point when I applied for those species this year. I have not yet applied for other species, pending results from the deer and elk drawing, and still have the same amount of bonus points for those that I did last year.

I was surprised last year by receiving an antelope point before the drawing and posted a thread on HT about it. If I recall, another member called licensing and they told him they now apply points at the time of application.

Maybe everyone who isn’t seeing a point they requested at the time of application should call licensing tomorrow and ask specifically why their points are wonky then report FWP’s answer back here? Mine seem to be all squared away thus far. All this conjecture is killing me.
Also, if I’m wrong and they’re just handing out points willy-nilly I sure as heck want an extra one. Especially for the whitetail B tag I’ve yet to apply for.

I don’t have a high confidence that the point system is accurate and not completely hosed up at this point. There is not going to be any way to check it except anecdotally and we all know how that goes

Same stuff happened last year.

I reached out about my points last year. Here is what they wrote back on the point you bought showing up before the draw. I think I had asked about why I had one point for antelope buck going into the draw when I received a tag the year before.

"We switched the system so bonus points show up immediately for customers after they have been purchased. Your bonus points in the drawing will still be zero the point just shows up since you purchased it."

"We switched the system so bonus points show up immediately for customers after they have been purchased. Your bonus points in the drawing will still be zero the point just shows up since you purchased it."
But then in the case of my boys who actually drew the elk B tags… The drawing stats show them drawing with one more point than I know they had. Did they enter the draw with that amount??? Sure looks like it 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s a complete freak show. Who knows what actually happens behind closed doors over there? What other state even applies points BEFORE the draw anyway? Is there another? I don’t think so. It’s so weird

This year I began saving a copy of how many points I have due to my skepticism in FWP point tracking after the snafu of last years draw.

I agree with most on here, at least for this year and I believe last year (but how can I verify I didn’t save a copy last year) that the points are now added at time of application. I drew antelope last year. Below is a picture of my points, the only problem I have is that it says “through 2022” when in reality it should say “through 2023.” I suspect that line was not changed when FWP made the change to add (but not include in current years draw?) bonus points at time of application.

The bonus points on MyFWP page match what they said at time of application.

I still believe.

Attachments

• C5E7E205-EA96-4C59-8DBF-6BD5163BF28D.jpeg
    C5E7E205-EA96-4C59-8DBF-6BD5163BF28D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • C44053C0-A978-490A-ADB2-845A67A9BA79.jpeg
    C44053C0-A978-490A-ADB2-845A67A9BA79.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 28
It’s pretty weird. My son and I party up and drew in 2016. Both had 6 points earlier. We partied this year. I now have 7, he’s got 6. Go figure. How do I have a bighorn point - I just drew in 2021.
Can’t you still buy points during the 7 year waiting period? If you drew in 2021 and bought a point in 2022 that would make sense to me? Then you will purchase another point after the drawing this year?

The bolded part is what’s mildly infuriating. Why show me the gersh-dang thing if you’re not going to use it in the drawing? I’ve had a slightly inflated sense of my odds for the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back