Caribou Gear

2023/2024 Trapping Thread

Them coyotes had it ruff. When they get like that. The smell they put off is bad. A coyote is a coyote too me. I enjoy catching them all. Mother Nature is hard on them.

I’m starting to get anxious for some spring beaver trapping! Skinning the last 9 coyotes tomorrow or Tuesday night and then I’ll be done with them till next year

You got me thinking now. I’m healed up enough to do some trapping now but nothing I trap is worth anything this time of the year. I’ve never trapped beavers before. When does their fur typically become worthless in the spring? Definitely going to be a learning experience for me if I do jump into this but we can trap them til May 31 here and I’m real itchy to get out and about.

You got me thinking now. I’m healed up enough to do some trapping now but nothing I trap is worth anything this time of the year. I’ve never trapped beavers before. When does their fur typically become worthless in the spring? Definitely going to be a learning experience for me if I do jump into this but we can trap them til May 31 here and I’m real itchy to get out and about.
General rule you have about two weeks after ice out. After that they seem to be shedding too much or bit up. Around here I can trap the rivers to start then as that slows down the bigger sloughs are just losing ice so I can hit them. If the weather cooperates

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back