Caribou Gear Tarp

2023/2024 Trapping Thread

Anything showing rubbed up there yet?
All good so far. I’m assuming rubs will start this week as it’s plus temps causing the snow to melt. Before this we had very soft powdery snow. Now what’s left will be hard icy crap. I think I’ll give it two weeks and pull snares for the most part except the ones on the edge of calving grounds

All good so far. I’m assuming rubs will start this week as it’s plus temps causing the snow to melt. Before this we had very soft powdery snow. Now what’s left will be hard icy crap. I think I’ll give it two weeks and pull snares for the most part except the ones on the edge of calving grounds

We have zero snow so hides have held out a lot longer than normal here this year

We have zero snow so hides have held out a lot longer than normal here this year
Some of the years when we have lots of snow which is usually frequents small amounts I have had good coyotes into early march. Even compared to southern Saskatchewan usually I get an extra month or close to it of good coyotes up here. Too bad they don’t have those nice southern colours usually

Some of the years when we have lots of snow which is usually frequents small amounts I have had good coyotes into early march. Even compared to southern Saskatchewan usually I get an extra month or close to it of good coyotes up here. Too bad they don’t have those nice southern colours usually

Our freeze and thaw kills us for getting good hides late. You will get some but the snow gets too icy. 60 degrees here today. Two weeks ago was -60 with windchill

Seems like all my trap line needed was for me to leave. My wife got this smaller Tom while I was in Idaho hunting it’s bigger cousin! Coon carcass wired to tree, Duke 550 set about 18 inches back, double front paw catch.
img_4860-jpeg.314122

Attachments

• IMG_4860.jpeg
    8.3 MB · Views: 148
One more week for my family here in KY we got a little bit of snow last night so maybe things will move. I caught a skunk early in the week in a conibear and it closed right on its little weasel neck and didn’t harm it. I had to dispatch which made it spray. It was a stinky ordeal but I will admit that bait site has hit every night since then (possum and coons). Hoping for one more nice bobcat to wrap up the season.

I finished a pair of otter mittens for my wife last night. Just in time for the 3 day weekend. We finally have a little snow to enjoy, too.

Been picking off a few coons here and there as I get time. Mostly just trying to help out the turkeys and pheasants come nesting season.

IMG_5754.jpeg

I finished a pair of otter mittens for my wife last night. Just in time for the 3 day weekend. We finally have a little snow to enjoy, too.

Been picking off a few coons here and there as I get time. Mostly just trying to help out the turkeys and pheasants come nesting season.

View attachment 315854
Very nice! Ever made eat muffs? My daughter has been asking for a pair.

This is exactly our thinking. Turkey populations are down around our place and we are trying to reduce nest raiders. To be determined if it works.

View attachment 315854
Looks really good!! What type of leather did you use for the palm

Very nice! Ever made eat muffs? My daughter has been asking for a pair.
I have not, but I had Wild Things Furs make a few sets for me when they had some extra fur from a batch of beavers I sent them. They turned out nice and were dirt cheap to have made.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back