2022 Spring Bears

You mean I can’t send the ol 6.5 pain train at the first bear I see? What fun is that. I’ll make sure to get it all on recording and post about how sad I am in my YouTube channel that’s called Brown Bagger Bruin Basher.
What's the difference between that and your season last year?

That's Bullcrap! Where I live in Idaho every bear missed is 100% north of 350 pounds. Most, not all ,that are actually killed are at least a 300 pounds! It's an unwritten rule around here bears start at about 300. I have helped recover more than a few and they must dehydrate or something because they usually weigh about 125 upon pack out. Its really quite handy that they shrink. Any bear pictures posted to social media is also always over 300 but a high percentage fall in the 4-500 pound category
For field judging practice post #81. 400 LBS of cinnamon fury.

Walked
I was going to try and set baits this week, didn't happen. I'm going next week (mid week) and I don't care if it takes me a week to get them all in, come hell or high water, the barrels are getting walked in.

Well snow was too deep, I did get one barrel in, walked over 10 miles with barrel and extras on for half the trip. Got it set, but still ticked I can't get into the area I normally hunt. So, back I came truck full of barrels and bait. Took me longer to unload all that stuff than walk the 10ish miles.

Just returned from my second aborted mission. First time guy was stuck in his truck blocking the road. Couldn’t get him out so Gave him a ride to town. This time huge fir across road and I brought my dull electric saw. It went dead 😂 third times the charm going back Tuesday or Thursday with one of my real saws 👍 quite a bit of snow but I just want to get this specific bait set and we usually find a few elk horns
Good luck! Hope you get through.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back