Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2022 Spring Bears

No legal bears here. All does with cubs, that’s it.

I’d suggest not wasting your time in bear hunting in Idaho. Montana is where it’s at.
I forgot about the big bear die-off of ‘18. I have been out of the loop for too long.

Interesting fact - I don’t see anything in the regs that keeps you from shooting “does” with cubs.

I guess I worded it wrong by bringing up tag price. I don’t hunt by cost per pound, I don’t hunt by the color or amazingness of the trophy/pelt/antlers or whatever. I hunt by tradition and I use every ounce of meat possible to fill my freezer and save on all that “cheap” beef. Sorry to have ruffled everyone’s feathers. Haha.

I guess I worded it wrong by bringing up tag price. I don’t hunt by cost per pound, I don’t hunt by the color or amazingness of the trophy/pelt/antlers or whatever. I hunt by tradition and I use every ounce of meat possible to fill my freezer and save on all that “cheap” beef. Sorry to have ruffled everyone’s feathers. Haha.
Don't take it the wrong way but.. I think you've got the only ruffled feathers.

That all sounds noble and foodie new-age adult-onset hunter worthy. A bear license costs me $19, which is a drop in the bucket to what I will spend on gasoline alone out enjoying a typical spring looking for a nice bear. I will not go broke, starve or be forced to eat bologna sammies or turn vegan. I can't understand purposely killing a little sow bear, which does not look much different than a koala bear, baby panda, a kitten, or a Labrador puppy. To each their own. I've had it happen, and it gives me that feeling like I just clubbed a baby seal.
Yep. At 43 and hunting since I was 12, that’s how I view myself. A foodie, adult onset hunter. Haha

I just like getting out in the spring with a tag in my pocket. Actually getting a nice bear is a bonus but it is not everything. Hunting for something, as opposed to just going on a hike in the hills, is a lot more fun to me. Plus, when hunting, I will check out places that I wouldn’t if I were only hiking and see things I would not otherwise see.

With all due respect, and understanding in what you’re talking about, tags aren’t cheap and lots of folks hunt for food. I know I personally wouldn’t eat a tag just holding out for a boar.
My bad, I thought you brought up the monetary issue.;)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back