2022 Spring Bears

And just out of curiosity, what needs to be re evaluated in feeding one’s family? And preferring wild game over over inflated ranch raised processed meat?
That all sounds noble and foodie new-age adult-onset hunter worthy. A bear license costs me $19, which is a drop in the bucket to what I will spend on gasoline alone out enjoying a typical spring looking for a nice bear. I will not go broke, starve or be forced to eat bologna sammies or turn vegan. I can't understand purposely killing a little sow bear, which does not look much different than a koala bear, baby panda, a kitten, or a Labrador puppy. To each their own. I've had it happen, and it gives me that feeling like I just clubbed a baby seal.

There isn't one damn person in this world that can convince me that wild game is less expensive than "high priced ranch beef" unless your cooking 4lb Wagu Tomahawks every other day......

Nobody is killing a small bear to put food on the table. If they are they don't live in the lower 48.

There isn't one damn person in this world that can convince me that wild game is less expensive than "high priced ranch beef" unless your cooking 4lb Wagu Tomahawks every other day......

Nobody is killing a small bear to put food on the table. If they are they don't live in the lower 48.
1653350779683.png

Way better meat though than any of the meat mentioned

That all sounds noble and foodie new-age adult-onset hunter worthy. A bear license costs me $19, which is a drop in the bucket to what I will spend on gasoline alone out enjoying a typical spring looking for a nice bear. I will not go broke, starve or be forced to eat bologna sammies or turn vegan. I can't understand purposely killing a little sow bear, which does not look much different than a koala bear, baby panda, a kitten, or a Labrador puppy. To each their own. I've had it happen, and it gives me that feeling like I just clubbed a baby seal.
Happy you have that luxury. WA just nixed spring bear, and my MT tag costs 400 bucks.

But you are all correct. I should re evaluate my life of hunting for cause and should give all my hunt talk likes on those that put out corn and oats and syrup and flat grocery store garbage, just to lure in that trophy bear. Let’s all condemn a DIY hunter but let’s all praise and worship those that have to bait in their kill that they probably don’t even intend to eat. Apparently spring bear meat sucks, so why would one lure them in, unless it was just for sheer sport. I guess everyone should think twice about giving @OntarioHunter guff. At least he is honest about his pursuit. All in the name of conservation and liking hunting for it. Ugh. Let’s shoot a nice ram and look for likes by putting a great big naked man in our trophies eye and then put people down for killing for the gram. You had everyone’s attention @Greenhorn but you condemn everything you do if someone else does it looking for the comedy and the likes and so forth. It makes it ok because you can do it on @bigfin forum and not get booted???? What a joke. Sorry for the rant but really. I joined this forum because many of you have lots more experience than I do and I wanted to learn from it. Why would we want to condemn what we all speak to stand for.

But you are all correct. I should re evaluate my life of hunting for cause and should give all my hunt talk likes on those that put out corn and oats and syrup and flat grocery store garbage, just to lure in that trophy bear. Let’s all condemn a DIY hunter but let’s all praise and worship those that have to bait in their kill that they probably don’t even intend to eat. Apparently spring bear meat sucks, so why would one lure them in, unless it was just for sheer sport. I guess everyone should think twice about giving @OntarioHunter guff. At least he is honest about his pursuit. All in the name of conservation and liking hunting for it. Ugh. Let’s shoot a nice ram and look for likes by putting a great big naked man in our trophies eye and then put people down for killing for the gram. You had everyone’s attention @Greenhorn but you condemn everything you do if someone else does it looking for the comedy and the likes and so forth. It makes it ok because you can do it on @bigfin forum and not get booted???? What a joke. Sorry for the rant but really. I joined this forum because many of you have lots more experience than I do and I wanted to learn from it. Why would we want to condemn what we all speak to stand for.
Anyone else laugh till they cried, then the salt stung their eyes? The grains of truth in it are what really cracks me up

A legend of a bowhunter I hunted with a few times on an island in Alaska has killed many 20 inch bears. He ends up shooting a nice bear, gets down, and starts trailing the bear and finds a little bear with an arrow in it. He says " Hey little bear, have you seen a big bear that came by here with an arrow in him? I know you're not him, which way did he go"

I don't think it's funny but it kinda is......

People harvesting an animal, essentially taking a life towards the end of a season or end of a hunting trip or whatever..... then justifying it over the price of a tag if I had a dollar for how many times I've heard that line.

Maybe I need to reevaluate myself....

@Derek44 I'm not trying to start some shit with you, if that's your plan and how you want to approach it that's your deal everyone has their own opinion. Relax amigo

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back