Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2022 ND Deer Season Set

nodakpursuit

Deer Season Set, Apply Online​

Fri, 05/06/2022
North Dakota’s 2022 deer season is set, with 64,200 licenses available to hunters, down 8,000 from last year.
In total, any-antlered licenses decreased by 150 from last year, any-antlerless by 350, antlered whitetail by 4,150, and antlerless whitetail by 3,700. Antlered mule deer licensed remained the same, and antlerless mule deer licenses increased by 350.
In addition, muzzleloader licenses decreased by 168 and restricted youth antlered mule deer licenses remained the same.
“Epizootic hemorrhagic disease dramatically reduced white-tailed deer numbers along the Missouri River and parts of some western hunting units,” said Casey Anderson, wildlife chief for the North Dakota Game and Fish Department. “As a result, license allocations in some units were dramatically reduced.”
As stated in the 2022-23 chronic wasting disease proclamation, hunters harvesting a deer in units 3A1, 3A2, 3B1, 3C, 3D1, 3E2, 3F2, 4B and 4C cannot transport the whole carcass outside the unit, with the exception that hunters can transport the whole deer carcass between adjoining CWD carcass restricted units.
Also in the CWD proclamation, it is unlawful for an individual to hunt big game over bait, or place bait to attract big game for the purpose of hunting, in deer hunting units 1, 2B, 3A1, 3A2, 3A3, 3A4, 3B1, 3C, 3D1, 3D2, 3E1, 3E2, 3F1, 3F2, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E and 4F.
“Last fall, 26 deer were harvested during the hunting season that tested positive for CWD, including three in new units,” Anderson said, while noting they were units 3C, 3D1 and 3E2. “This has consequently altered deer management strategies in those and surrounding units.”
North Dakota’s 2022 deer gun season opens Nov. 4 at noon and continues through Nov. 20.
Applicants for regular deer gun, gratis, youth and muzzleloader can apply online through the Game and Fish Department’s website at gf.nd.gov.
The deadline for applying is June 8.
A general game and habitat license is required when applying for a deer license. If the applicant has not already purchased one for the 2022-23 season, the license will be added to their cart upon checkout. The applicant has the option of having the general game and habitat license refunded if their deer license is not drawn in the lottery.
Gratis applicants who have previously applied online will automatically have their land description carried forward to this year’s application. However, any changes with land descriptions from last year’s application must be made prior to submitting the 2022 application.
Gratis applications received on or before the regular deer gun lottery application deadline will qualify for an any-legal-deer license. As per state law, gratis applications received after the deadline will be processed based on licenses remaining after the lottery. Generally, only antlerless licenses remain.
Total deer licenses are determined by harvest rates, aerial surveys, depredation reports, hunter observations, input at advisory board meetings, and comments from the public, landowners and department field staff.

link to article: https://gf.nd.gov/news/5406

Lottery is done . Results will be out yet this afternoon or right away tomorrow. I know this cuz we have gratis tags and some changed from “active” to “voided drew lottery license” . Good luck to all

My 11 points weren’t enough for a muley tag south of 94.
That's pretty wild, tough break man. I will probably start saving my points after this year for my next ND mule deer.

Nice to see a state make an adjustment when things get bad
Don’t give them too much credit they made an adjustment years too late . It’s taken the heards years to recover . The mule deer seem to being doing ok numbers wise but there’s too many bucks getting shot with archery tags imo .

Don’t give them too much credit they made an adjustment years too late . It’s taken the heards years to recover . The mule deer seem to being doing ok numbers wise but there’s too many bucks getting shot with archery tags imo .
Any adjustment what so ever sounds like a dream to montana guys. Our adjustment is “the herd is down 50% so we cut a thousand doe tags. But don’t worry you can still shoot 7 of them.”

Any adjustment what so ever sounds like a dream to montana guys. Our adjustment is “the herd is down 50% so we cut a thousand doe tags. But don’t worry you can still shoot 7 of them.”
Yeh apples to oranges but yea I agree - I’ve never seen a state agency as inept as the Montana fwp . Never …

I think some change is coming for Archery hunting the badlands. They should require mandatory reporting for archery to get a better idea of who is hunting out West, what areas, and the success rate.

I think some change is coming for Archery hunting the badlands. They should require mandatory reporting for archery to get a better idea of who is hunting out West, what areas, and the success rate.
Honestly it needs to . Can’t be a free for all . I think the state needs to go to a 1 tag system . And this coming from a guy who has 3 tags this year with archery rifle and muzzleloader

There's more mule deer bucks being shot with a rifle than archery equipment.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back