2022 MN Buck

This post has had my gears turning for the past month. I have some family in NC MN, but have never seen the dark horns there. I also have connections up near the Canadian border. I’m absolutely in love with those chocolate horns and feel I need to go on a quest for a set if my own. That said is that fairly common over a large area up there? Just specific bucks that rub trees in a certain area?

I always see you Minnesota plated hunters in my state so I feel I need to return the favor and come shoot your deer. 🤣

Draw a line in east to west on the upper 1/3 of the state. You'll not get many light colored horns in that region. Lot's of Tag Alders and spruce/pines they rub on.

Draw a line in east to west on the upper 1/3 of the state. You'll not get many light colored horns in that region. Lot's of Tag Alders and spruce/pines they rub on.
Awesome! I was guessing the further north you get the better the odds of finding chocolate horns. Hopefully next fall I’m hunting bucks along the Canadian border!

Awesome! I was guessing the further north you get the better the odds of finding chocolate horns. Hopefully next fall I’m hunting bucks along the Canadian border!

Depending on where you go, it could be pretty slim pickings up there. They've been hammered with winter the last few year. This one included.

Back