2022 California Bear

David Gough

Let’s get this post started! After the fires ruined my bear hunting plans last year, we retrieved what was left of our trail cameras. Two disintegrated, one melted, one had the card swiped, but one had a gold mine of bears, deer, and some surprises.

Post your scouting efforts and don’t forget to pick up those bear tags!

IMG_0816.jpg IMG_0817.jpg IMG_0821.jpg IMG_0849.jpg IMG_0848.jpg IMG_0844.jpg IMG_0843.jpg

Here are a few pictures from last year. Plenty of bears and some nice bucks showed up.

SG25

I still have some cameras in one of the burns I haven't been able to check yet. I'm hoping for the best, but feel like I will have similar results as you unfortunately. Good looking bear in that 4th picture!

David Gough

I still have some cameras in one of the burns I haven't been able to check yet. I'm hoping for the best, but feel like I will have similar results as you unfortunately. Good looking bear in that 4th picture!
He's a tank. That picture is from this spring. He was all over the camera in 2021 and have pictures and videos of him from three seasons prior to that. Definitely his home turf and my #1.

I was a little surprised at the lock melting, but just shows how hot it was in there. The manzanita is already coming back. If we get some summer rains that place should be crawling with bears.

338BearHunter

I hate to bring this up in your thread of beautiful bear pictures, but what is happening with the tree huggers trying to cancel the California bear hunt altogether? Will you have a bear hunt in 2022?

NickCNC

Last I heard the bear ban got put to rest again, bear seasons abound! I'm hopeful with the amount of surplus we're seeing and lack of meeting harvest quota the last several years maybe introducing a spring season of only the balance of the quota can become a reality