2021 Unit 101 Wyoming Antelope and Grouse Hunt?

McShooter

Hey all. I'm from Utah and just drew antelope in Wyoming for unit 101! This will be my first antelope hunt out there. Unit 101 covers the land immediately North and East of Fontenelle Reservoir. I'm thinking about taking my shotgun and dog as well because I heard the sage grouse hunting is great. Does any one have any experience hunting for antelope or sage grouse around unit 101 that could shed some light and let me know if it's worth it to try to double up on the trip? Also any fishing advice on the Green River below Fontenelle?

Thanks!

Highway 372 just south of Fontenelle reservoir will get you across the river on to the East side of the Green river. There is a good BLM campground there just below the dam. Fishing is good all along the Green downstream to Seedskadee. Make sure you have OnX maps or similar as a little private along the river in places. Sage grouse all throughout that area in area 101 and good herds of antelope. The season is short now on the grouse so make sure the dates coincide. Opening week can be crowded, after that you’ll have the place mostly to yourself. LaBarge or Big Piney have most services and hotels if you want to stay instead of camping. You will have a fun hunt.

Last edited:
Back