2021 Idaho Lion

Spitz

It’s been a minute since I’ve posted around here so I’m gonna try to do a little catching up. . .

I don’t own hounds but have always been fascinated by their abilities. I had a spot in mind this winter to chase a lion and a good friend said he’d supply the dogs to see what we’d turn up. Plenty of snow kept the come-a-long well used on our way in and I quickly realized I will never buy a used truck from a hound hunter.

His two dogs weigh a combined 60 pounds and it was amazing to hear and watch them work a track. Didn’t take but a little while and a couple mile hike and they had a cat 30 feet up a giant dead cottonwood.

It certainly won’t be my last lion hunt, but I suspect it’ll be a hard one to top.

Attachments

• 767CEFBB-85F4-4BAA-A466-A69E6F2A3A2A.jpeg
    767CEFBB-85F4-4BAA-A466-A69E6F2A3A2A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
That’s a great tom! I have a buddy in Idaho who has offered to take me as well. Might have to get on a bear/cat combo hunt this spring

Super!! Cat hunt with hounds is in the top 5 of my current wish list. I need better friends... ;)

Congratulations. Missed this when you posted

very nice congrats 👍
oddly enough my wife has been after me for a number of years to go
to many deer and elk mounts she says we need a cat IDK
anyway nice job

Congrats!! Thats awesome!!! And ya no joke on buying a houndsmens truck😂 i havnt abused mine to much yet but the guy I hunt with, his Toyota has been thru it!!

Wow, nice looking cat. You going to try any of the meat? Curious to hear if you do and how it turns out.

Thanks guys! It was a blast and I was super lucky.

Have looked real close at mounting him but taxidermy comes out of my hunting budget. $4500 is a lion on the wall or a caribou hunt . . . .

Thanks guys! It was a blast and I was super lucky.

Have looked real close at mounting him but taxidermy comes out of my hunting budget. $4500 is a lion on the wall or a caribou hunt . . . .
Just do a shoulder mount like a deer... or better just flat tan that bad boy and tack him to the wall

Great cat. And if y'all like someone else said put that up on day 1......you better count your blessings..... This one took us 9 hard days to find this year .. put up a few along the way but...

Attachments

• KIMG1245.JPG
    KIMG1245.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back