Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2021 Idaho Draw Results!

Several years ago there was a snafu involving youth...something about eligibility...as I recall, there were a few hundred 10/11 yo kids who technically should not have been eligible to draw, but due to misinformation from some department staff they did apply and were awarded deer/elk/pronghorn tags in the CH Draw. The Director said he looked at the tags, talked to biologists, and ultimately said he was not going to take CH tags from any 10 and 11 yo kids and just upped the quotas for many units that year.

I tell that story here, because yes, I get the heartbreak of the sheep situation but I generally think IDFG does an outstanding job on their draws. I will also say again, Idaho is one of the only states in the west that did not screw over entire generations of new hunters with these ponzi schemes known as point systems...even when budgets were tight and the almighty dollar was tempting. I will take a state that commits an unfortunate once-a-decade (or less) clerical error to any of these other western states that run a good draw but adopted a system that ultimately screws generations of new hunters.

I guess I'm more forgiving of an honest error than I am to greed and/or horrible decision making that does untold damage to new hunters.
Thank you!

Much like a longtime Vikings fan, I’m ready for another helping of disappointment
As an Atlanta sports fan, I feel your pain. Still nothing from IDFG, so the "Friday after five" pick is currently the odds-on favorite in our pool. Or two weeks from now. Whatever.

As an Atlanta sports fan, I feel your pain. Still nothing from IDFG, so the "Friday after five" pick is currently the odds-on favorite in our pool. Or two weeks from now. Whatever.

Got a full on 2 1/2 hours before the 10:00 am golden hour goes out the window there bud. Gonna need you to dial it back a good 25%.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back