Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2021 Idaho Draw Results!

Last year they were posted on Friday June 19… I am sure the draw is done and they are auditing the numbers to make sure they didn’t issue to many tags

No elk tag yet in 2021…. Going thru withdrawls. I am losing my virginity to Idaho this year. See you guys here at 10AM-ish for coffee.

Just everyone realize even if they say sucessful, idaho may change its mind a week later and add NOT to result on your application. Good luck guys
Someone sure is bitter about Idaho following their own rules about non resident quotas, and taking a sheep tag back after their new vendor screwed up the draw. I think you've mentioned this 4 times in the 2 threads on the Idaho draw. If you don't like Idaho's system then just stay in Wyoming.

Someone sure is bitter about Idaho following their own rules about non resident quotas, and taking a sheep tag back after their new vendor screwed up the draw. I think you've mentioned this 4 times in the 2 threads on the Idaho draw. If you don't like Idaho's system then just stay in Wyoming.

I am not saying IDF&G handled the vendor error incorrectly, but I can’t even imagine the let down experienced by those NRs, who thought they had sheep tags, when they got the email informing them of a mistake. When I drew a tag a few years ago, all of my friends knew by the end of the day, I had my vacation time lined up the next day and I had my airline reservations within the next week.

Since my 11 year old is in for deer and elk, I have thought of the MSG fiasco and I have wondered how I would break the news to her if F&G notified me a week after a “selected” notification that she did not actually get a tag.

I am not saying IDF&G handled the vendor error incorrectly, but I can’t even imagine the let down experienced by those NRs, who thought they had sheep tags, when they got the email informing them of a mistake. When I drew a tag a few years ago, all of my friends knew by the end of the day, I had my vacation time lined up the next day and I had my airline reservations within the next week.

Since my 11 year old is in for deer and elk, I have thought of the MSG fiasco and I have wondered how I would break the news to her if F&G notified me a week after a “selected” notification that she did not actually get a tag.
I have the same thoughts with my 11 year old that is 8n for Elk and Pronghorn. I would much rather that disappointment be on me than my 11 year old.

I'm sure after the sheep fiasco that IDFG is going to audit the results in alot more detail before they release the results for this draw to the public.

I do agree with all of your comments, I just get sick of the negative terrible attitudes tearing down Idaho's system. But to be honest every states system has its flaws. Everyone that put in for big game knew about the sheep fiasco before the deadline for big game, if people were worried that Idaho was going to screw them too, they could have not applied.

Several years ago there was a snafu involving youth...something about eligibility...as I recall, there were a few hundred 10/11 yo kids who technically should not have been eligible to draw, but due to misinformation from some department staff they did apply and were awarded deer/elk/pronghorn tags in the CH Draw. The Director said he looked at the tags, talked to biologists, and ultimately said he was not going to take CH tags from any 10 and 11 yo kids and just upped the quotas for many units that year.

I tell that story here, because yes, I get the heartbreak of the sheep situation but I generally think IDFG does an outstanding job on their draws. I will also say again, Idaho is one of the only states in the west that did not screw over entire generations of new hunters with these ponzi schemes known as point systems...even when budgets were tight and the almighty dollar was tempting. I will take a state that commits an unfortunate once-a-decade (or less) clerical error to any of these other western states that run a good draw but adopted a system that ultimately screws generations of new hunters.

I guess I'm more forgiving of an honest error than I am to greed and/or horrible decision making that does untold damage to new hunters.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back