Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2021 Elk destination

Outofstate-r

Guys, I am a flatlander. Been elk hunting in Co (archery) got close, couldn't seal the deal. Then back the following yr for high country mule deer. So I am starting to toss around the idea of next yr's destination. I will have 6 Elk points in CO , 4 in MT and 4 in Wyo. Anyone have an idea of what season and what state they would burn points on? I also have llama's too so that plays a part if I need them. I am thinking either bow or ML , but I have spent enough time on gohunt that it all seems to start running together. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

If you got close already in CO, I’d consider going back where you went before. Otherwise your points will get you a good unit for archery or first rifle in several units in CO. You won’t gain much by continuing to build more points in CO.

How do you feel about big Bears? Because there are only going to be more in more places in Wyoming as time goes on. Wyoming wilderness (if it is an option) is always my first choice.

Unless you have a specific unit picked that you are saving wyoming points for a future hunt down the road I would put in for a general elk tag. You probably already have more points than what are required to draw. I personally don’t want to sit on points any longer than what is required to draw. I want to hunt as much as I can now since I don’t know what might be coming in the form of tag allocations, price increases, point creep, etc, etc.

If you got close already in CO, I’d consider going back where you went before. Otherwise your points will get you a good unit for archery or first rifle in several units in CO. You won’t gain much by continuing to build more points in CO.
Thats what I was curious about, if I should just burn the points in CO , because I don't know about how I feel waiting to draw the more point units.

How do you feel about big Bears? Because there are only going to be more in more places in Wyoming as time goes on. Wyoming wilderness (if it is an option) is always my first choice.

Bears really don't bother me so I am open to that also.

Unless you have a specific unit picked that you are saving wyoming points for a future hunt down the road I would put in for a general elk tag. You probably already have more points than what are required to draw. I personally don’t want to sit on points any longer than what is required to draw. I want to hunt as much as I can now since I don’t know what might be coming in the form of tag allocations, price increases, point creep, etc, etc.

I think thats my plan. My only issue is that I work in healthcare and I can't take a whole month off :) and my wife wouldn't like it to much either.

Don’t plan on building points in CO. Your in the start of no mans land and it’s a really long road out of no mans land.
I would look at CO for 2021 or 22

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back