2021 California Bear

I've heard the B zones are just riddled with black bear. Unfortunately I can't justify that drive for me to make and take the necessary time and leave my wife at home with a newborn and 4 other kids. Lol short trips for me this year.

This thing is a beast, spreading in acreage though heavy timber like a chaparral fire does. In 2020 on a shroom hunt I drove north to south right through the centerline of this fire looking for a thinning project that was on the map. It hadn't commenced yet, and there were no shrooms to be found, but I noted that if this area ever got a spark and the right winds it'd be lights out. It got all of that and more.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 9.33.24 AM.png

These fires are insane and as devastating as they seem it's still a course of nature. These forests come back to life, just a shame when folks property and homes are at stake

Fires of this magnitude are not as beneficial to wildlife and habitat as smaller, regular fires are.
I agree, but it's not fair to say they've never happened before. Lightning strikes have sparked fires in wilderness' long before man has had the ability to battle them and they run their course and the wildlife and habitat takes a hit, but it comes back.

Wow. What are the chances they actually lift them on September 6th? I'm not sure if I still can but I think I'm going to trade my B tag for D3-5 this afternoon.

I think d3-5 will be closed longer than B zones. But that's just my guess.

It looked like El Dorado and Stanislaus are still open, at least for now. We have a cabin in Dorrington so if they do like last year and shut down camping I can still go poke around. Who knows.

I'm heading up Sunday with my son for just a day trip cuz I don't want to leave my wife overnight with a newborn and our wild child 2yr old. Too much for her to handle for me to go have fun. But we're going to stanislaus, D6. Bear and deer tags in tow. Luckily my tags are AO

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back