Yeti GOBOX Collection

2020 Season - Priorities / Live Hunt

Take aways from this year:
- Peak Refuel meals and breakfast (strawberry) are really good. I didn’t have / make time this year to do my own dehydrated meals. Very pleased with all the meals we tried.
- Get your buddy to practice reed calls before your trip. Even a 14 hour trip is not enough to get it right. :)
- Check your battery level before you leave and don’t leave your doors open at camp for an extended time as you unload and organize. Or make sure someone within a mile of camp can help jump start your vehicle. Always an adventure. At least I had cables.
- 2 trekking poles are way better than 1 when under load. Well worth the extra weight to carry around.
- Cashing in a lot of points does not necessarily equal slam dunk. Prepare for the mental grind that is elk hunting.
- My boots are heavy. Need to explore lighter options that still provide some ankle support.
- When doing a calling sequence, 30-50 yards is not enough separation. Go at least 75 yards. Have a clear understanding of how the calling sequence will end and be communicated to each other.

I need to explore a new sleeping pad (currently Big Agnes). I just slide too much on my existing. What are you using that you like? I‘m a side sleeper so need a little more cushion.

Also looking for a new butane lighter. Carry a bic, matches and a nice (don’t remember the brand) lighter. Just not lighting up now and tried adjusting to no avail. Loved that thing but gotta perform or you just can’t go in the back country. Anybody using a refillable butane lighter that is built for the back country?

That's an excellent story. Lots of great information and excitement. Glad for your success. Congratulations.

Well, I decided to turn my deer tag back in and get points reinstated. I’ve got a fishing trip to FL with some old college buddies in Oct and a couple deer and pig hunts still here in TX. I just have a bad feeling about the drought CO is experiencing and will invest my points in the future.

May investigate a trip to AZ for an OTC coues hunt. Never explored that option but looks like a fun way to get out and see some new country. Good luck if your western hunt is in front of you. I know I won’t forget mine for a long time to come!

Pre-Christmas hunt with the boys this year was a success. Not the way I grew up hunting but fun to see all the game And spend time with my 2 boys. The oldest saw several nice bucks but passed looking for something bigger than the one he killed a couple years ago. My youngest killed a hog and took a personal best buck. I hope they have half as much fun as I do.

We had elk tenderloin one night and I tried elk osso bucco the 2nd night. steaks were good. OB was okay so got some refining to do on my recipe. Not giving up on it. 15D28110-852B-4474-A092-F52A2606A0EC.jpeg23F698E0-ABC3-4A4A-AD93-98126CF6FF58.jpeg320AA505-AF22-4E8A-8457-88B7508702DA.jpeg07EA06D6-C6A9-4FE4-81DF-51CD1ECC2014.jpeg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back