Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2020 Precision Rifle Series Finale

fishing4sanity

This past weekend the PRS Finale was held in Ninnekah, Oklahoma. This is a match that you have to qualify for, my youngest son qualified this year for the first time. Since I had never been to OK I decided to tag along, see some new country and take some pics. I know this is a bit outside the normal 'on your own adventure' of Hunt Talk, but I thought some of you might be interested. Day one was a bit cold and breezy, but not bad at all. Day two got down right nasty, with a couple of fairly long delays because visibility just disappeared. The first two pics from the car are of my son and then some of the other shooters that were in his squad.
DSC_7570-40.jpg
DSC_7574-41.jpg
DSC_7337-2.jpg
DSC_7396-40.jpg
DSC_7358-21.jpg
DSC_7426-12.jpg
DSC_7495-37.jpg
DSC_7413-7.jpg
DSC_7535-14.jpg
The big camera never came out on day two, but I still took a few phone pics of my son that day.
IMG_E6103-2.jpg
IMG_6116-11.jpg
IMG_6155-4.jpg
Sometimes the weather made it a real challenge to find the targets.
IMG_6214-31.jpg
IMG_6198-27.jpg
Sometimes the weather just swallowed the targets and we simply had to wait it out. This was the view (or non-view) of the long range targets when my son got to that stage of the match.
IMG_E6217-32.jpg

Great images, my daughter and I started doing PRS events this year and they are a tons of fun, and a great challange. My daughter was able to take home the state top junior spot so maybe next year we can make it to some of the big events.

It is really impressive to see what that level of shooters are able to do.

Saw a rig similar to those above at the gun store yesterday. Asked to check it out, was very nice with a price tag of $3,300+.

The scoring in this match was individual, there is also a two-man team series, but this one was completely individual. He didn't seem to be shooting as well this match as he normally does, iirc he was 114 in a field of 219 shooters.
Well, he still finished 105 places higher than I would have.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back