2020 Colorado Deer and Elk Non Resident Apps Poll

Are you in for a 1st choice tag or just points this year?

• Tag

Votes: 113 52.8%
  • Points. Was going to do points only regardless of the effects of Covid19

Votes: 88 41.1%
  • Points only due to Covid19 and the uncertainty of next fall.

Votes: 13 6.1%

• Total voters
I applied for a muzzleloader antelope buck tag like I planned, then did elk and deer points like I planned. The only plans that got screwed for me is spring turkey.

This will be a telling poll.
I bet doubling the percentage of choice number 3 would be a more accurate representation of hunters as a whole, since people that frequent here are probably a little more dedicated and persistent in applying than your average hunter is.

Last edited:
I'm in, ready to finally burn my points. The public land in the unit is currently closed to non-residents, if I draw and they don't open it back up I guess I'll be turning my tag back.

Colorado is definitely one state that is going to bear the brunt of any COVID induced app reductions...I don't think it will extrapolate to states with later app dates in May and June when we are on the very downside of this virus though. Will be very interesting to see the numbers.

i want to see the current poll results but don't wanna dick up the point of the poll by voting as a resident
+1

Resident that applied for everything including m,s,g as usual. Would love to see the results of this poll though.

Last edited:
Resident
I applied for elk,deer, and sheep. PP for everything else.

Last edited:
Are you in for a 1st choice tag or just points this year?

• Tag
    Votes: 22 59.5%

• Points. Was going to do points only regardless of the effects of Covid19
    Votes: 12 32.4%

• Points only due to Covid19 and the uncertainty of next fall.
    Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters 37

I backed out. Was going to get a tag for my dad with his 12 elk points. Don’t want to have him use them and not be able to go. This could be his last good chance at getting an elk. Figure it’s not that big of a deal to wait another year and use them. Still planning to hunt a different area I was wanting to check out anyway... I still applied for sheep and moose.

I decided on points rather than apply for a tag. I did a lot of planning and had a found a unit that i should have drawn, but too much uncertainly with international travel and my work - all due to COVID. But I'll have 5 elk points next year that i hope will get me a good tag.

Last edited:
I was planning on points for deer, elk, and antelope anyway. I did still apply for MSG tags. Figured I need to take every chance I can if I ever hope to draw one.

in at 2019 draw out levels for 2nd choice cow elk for my sons and 1st choice deer for me. Points otherwise. I doubt there will be any noticeable point regression but it will be interesting to see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back