2020 AZ Javelina

prhunter

Day 1

Season started friday. Got on a herd of about 5 or 6 in the morning. As we closed the distance we lost sight of them. Got to the spot but they were nowhere to be found. No more action the rest of the day. There is rain in the forecast for day 2.

Attachments

• 20200221_083550.jpg
    20200221_083550.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 27
Looks like rain for all day. Good luck

How many hunters? You really should try to not reduce a herd's size by 20%, they depend on numbers to survive. Only take 1 out of a herd of 5. Have a fun hunt, I'm jealous, miss hunting those guys.

Day 2

Rained all day today. We still went out and glassed during the light rain periods. Walked a few washes as well with negative results. Did see a couple herds of mule deer. Weather should improve significantly tomorrow. Good times! Thanks for following along.

Attachments

• 20200222_162304.jpg
    20200222_162304.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Day 4

Got on a herd early today but by the time we went over the ridge they we on they were gone. Glassed up some deer throughout the day, mulies and whitetails. We will do it all over again tomorrow.

Weather has improved which is probably why were seeing more movement.

Attachments

• 20200224_180152.jpg
    20200224_180152.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Day 4

Got on a herd early today but by the time we went over the ridge they we on they were gone. Glassed up some deer throughout the day, mulies and whitetails. We will do it all over again tomorrow.

Weather has improved which is probably why were seeing more movement.

Gotta love those Az.sunsets!... 〽💥

Day 5

Much better weather conditions. Walked up on a different ridge order to glass from a another vantage point.

At approximately 8AM I glassed up a herd that contained 10 javs in it. We watched them for a bit as they moved around. They were a little over a mile away.

When they settled in an area, we pinpointed some landmarks and made our move. We came up at under 40 yards from the javelinas. I was able to take a nice mature boar. My buddy never had a clear shot. Headed back out for day six.

Attachments

• 20200225_121309.jpg
    20200225_121309.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 41
Day 5

Much better weather conditions. Walked up on a different ridge order to glass from a another vantage point.

At approximately 8AM I glassed up a herd that contained 10 javs in it. We watched them for a bit as they moved around. They were a little over a mile away.

When they settled in an area, we pinpointed some landmarks and made our move. We came up at under 40 yards from the javelinas. I was able to take a nice mature boar. My buddy never had a clear shot. Headed back out for day six.
Nice Pig,congratulations! 〽💥

Day 5

Looks like you're having a blast, I'm happy to see you make it happen!

Day 6

Cold and windy conditions made the hunting a little tougher.

We figured the javs would probably be hunkered down due to the wind gusts so we decided to walk the washes, ravines and bedding areas. No javelinas were spotted all day today.

This will probably mark the end of the hunt. Overall it was a really fun hunt like always. Cant wait to go chase them again next year.

Attachments

• 20200226_082400.jpg
    20200226_082400.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back