2020 Archery Bull

You make it sound so easy :) Next year, I'm just going to drive around til I chase some elk with my truck.
Ha, ha... Yeah that day it was kind of "easy". That said the dozen or so days in the field and the hundred + miles on the boots that led up to that opportunity were not so easy. Sometimes it all just comes to gether and you have to be in the woods with a bow in your hand when that happens.

Not near the story on this one, like I had last year, but another great elk season is in the books. Lots of great action this year, but it cam down to the last night I could hunt this season. Was at a family wedding all weekend but left early Sunday with the hopes of sneaking in one last evening hunt.

Bumped a small herd with the truck on the way into my spot at about 3:30 and watched then trot over a ridge into the same area I killed my bull in last year. Stashed the truck and made a big circle to get the wind right. The bull had split from the cows and was tucked into a deep bowl. With a good breeze blowing in my favor, I was able to slip in close and send a good arrow into his chest. Tag was punched by 4 pm.

Not the biggest bull, but a G2 sneaking up on 30" gives him some crazy character. Most of all he looked delicious

Now onto deer in MT, WY, and CO.....
Awesome awesome bull, well done!

Not near the story on this one, like I had last year, but another great elk season is in the books. Lots of great action this year, but it cam down to the last night I could hunt this season. Was at a family wedding all weekend but left early Sunday with the hopes of sneaking in one last evening hunt.

Bumped a small herd with the truck on the way into my spot at about 3:30 and watched then trot over a ridge into the same area I killed my bull in last year. Stashed the truck and made a big circle to get the wind right. The bull had split from the cows and was tucked into a deep bowl. With a good breeze blowing in my favor, I was able to slip in close and send a good arrow into his chest. Tag was punched by 4 pm.

Not the biggest bull, but a G2 sneaking up on 30" gives him some crazy character. Most of all he looked delicious

Now onto deer in MT, WY, and CO.....
congrats!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back