Caribou Gear Tarp

2020 Antelope Hunt - Very Special Plans

WyoDoug

Works are in progress, but I have agreed to sponsor a hero or two through the Hunting With Heroes organization on base. I will do the scouting and that and set up my blind for them to use. Being military retired, I can sponsor people to enable them to hunting on base, but military heroes are something special to me. What I am seeking is someone willing to do photography next year to document the hunt and not only post it here but to give film to the Hunting With Heroes organization themselves. This is entirely a volunteer driven effort and all equipment and food used in the hunt will be donated. Anyone interested in participating in this effort? I may end up putting in for leftover and whatever type 8 licenses I can draw and donate all but my type 1 and keep that for myself. Not collecting donations right now but will as we get close to the actual hunt and I will then be seeking equipment and cash for food (not much will be needed as it is pretty much a day hunt).

Not sure I can help out, as I will likely be out of the country next fall. If we can make it work, I’m happy to put in for a doe/dawn tag, and if I draw, I’ll donate it. Is that something that will work?

That would w
Not sure I can help out, as I will likely be out of the country next fall. If we can make it work, I’m happy to put in for a doe/dawn tag, and if I draw, I’ll donate it. Is that something that will work?

This might work. I am also looking for at least one type 1 tag which I might donate myself for area 38 which is needed for the HMA on base where I will be taking them. I am also contacting the Game Commission to see if I can get a commissioners license donated for this purpose.

That would w

This might work. I am also looking for at least one type 1 tag which I might donate myself for area 38 which is needed for the HMA on base where I will be taking them. I am also contacting the Game Commission to see if I can get a commissioners license donated for this purpose.

Let me know what unit/type I would need to apply for, and I'll add it to my application list.

Let me know what unit/type I would need to apply for, and I'll add it to my application list.

Area 38, Type 1 - any antelope - this is main one needed. I will be hunting along with whoever Hunting With Heroes sends with me with my own Type 1 tag and I will be donating two type 8 tags and might have a commissioners tag to go along with it. I am looking at possibility of one wounded warrior and kids or more than one hunter. Going to be a fun hunt.

Area 38, Type 1 - any antelope - this is main one needed. I will be hunting along with whoever Hunting With Heroes sends with me with my own Type 1 tag and I will be donating two type 8 tags and might have a commissioners tag to go along with it. I am looking at possibility of one wounded warrior and kids or more than one hunter. Going to be a fun hunt.
Awesome, I'll put in for a tag or two. Definitely post up a report and let us know how it goes.

This is a very cool thing that your doing, Doug. Is it for new military hunters? That would be a great way to initiate them into hunting.

This is a very cool thing that your doing, Doug. Is it for new military hunters? That would be a great way to initiate them into hunting.

Not really. Hunting With Heroes is intended to help wounded warriors find a way back into hunting, or into it if hunting for the first time. I seen Randy do it in some of his films and since I was involved with the Cheyenne charter of Hunting With Heroes, I want to see what I can do myself to help these guys out who in some cases very nearly gave their all for the benefit if their country.

Thankyou guys for doing this. I actually spoke with Dan @ Hunting for Heros the past few days. 2 years ago we were able to get a the Tag that Cushman able to hunt off thru them. Hopefully we can get some more doe /cow tags this year. It is a good way for those if us living on VA benefits to offset the cost of a trip. Coming out west and getting into the mountains is good therapy.

Thankyou guys for doing this. I actually spoke with Dan @ Hunting for Heros the past few days. 2 years ago we were able to get a the Tag that Cushman able to hunt off thru them. Hopefully we can get some more doe /cow tags this year. It is a good way for those if us living on VA benefits to offset the cost of a trip. Coming out west and getting into the mountains is good therapy.

I kinda feel obligated to do something. I served 26 years myself, but due to a combination of my job, clearance, and pure luck I was never deployed to a combat zone. I was always kept in the rear to help process others into those dangerous assignments. Some of these guys came very close to giving their all for the defense of this country's interests. This hunt will not be mountains, BUT I hope to enable a hunt that otherwise would not happen.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back