Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2020 Africa Bowhunting trip

Stay Sharp

Im making the final arrangements for another traveling bowhunt. This time its to the Limpopo Province of South Africa for a late August/Early Sept. trip for a week of bowhunting several species.

This trip like most of my other traveling, bow hunts will be centered around further testing of new bowhunting gear Ive spent a lot of time designing.

I just got back from the 2020 ATA show where a bowhunting accessory I spent nearly 2 years designing was named one of a few named "Best in Show, Breakthrough Innovation" and Im hoping to use this item during all my bow hunts up to and including the African hunt.

Right now, Im focusing on wildebeest, blesbok, impala and warthog but will add additional species once I arrive. In advance of this trip Im planning other traveling hunts to do proof of concept testing on other bowhunting gear. As time allows, I'll keep a journal of the prep and planning and the hunt.

Life is short. Go out and do it.

GCvQ4VX.jpg

1xVMwqy.jpg

Last edited:
What was the accessory that got the award at ATA?

Forbidden here. The admin of this chat room will NOT want me to mention it or any product from my bowhunting company or any bowhunting company I work for. It wasnt really an award, it was just one of the new products named "Best in Show, Breakthrough Innovation" They actually do give out awards to the products that a panel selects as the #1 in a variety of categories.

I visited my bank to do a wire transfer of funds to the African bank used by the outfitter Im bowhunting with. The teller filled out the forms and before she handed it to me to sign, she asked the purpose and reason for me sending this amount of money to an African bank. I thought this was odd since its my money so I asked her why I would need to justify or explain what I do with my money, she told me that the wire transfer needs approval before it can take place.

I told her I got an email from the son of a Nigerian Prince that is going to transfer a large amount of money into my bank account but he needed me to send him several thousand dollars first. Then I laughed and told her Im going on a traveling bow hunt to Africa and Im paying down a portion of the hunt. On the form she wrote "Hunting trip". I signed it and actually had to wait for somebody at the bank to approve the wire transfer.

Next up is meeting with my Travel agent for the airline tickets.

I visited my bank to do a wire transfer of funds to the African bank used by the outfitter Im bowhunting with. The teller filled out the forms and before she handed it to me to sign, she asked the purpose and reason for me sending this amount of money to an African bank. I thought this was odd since its my money so I asked her why I would need to justify or explain what I do with my money, she told me that the wire transfer needs approval before it can take place.

I told her I got an email from the son of a Nigerian Prince that is going to transfer a large amount of money into my bank account but he needed me to send him several thousand dollars first. Then I laughed and told her Im going on a traveling bow hunt to Africa and Im paying down a portion of the hunt. On the form she wrote "Hunting trip". I signed it and actually had to wait for somebody at the bank to approve the wire transfer.

Next up is meeting with my Travel agent for the airline tickets.

C00L.

All the travel details are and made paid for. Milw. to Atlanta to Johannesburg Africa and back.

As a traveling hunter, my least favorite thing is flying to a hunt. The wasted time, and grief it gives my already bad back. Im still seeing a chiropractor 3 days a week since my mishap last July cleaning up tornado damage upstate.

There were 3 prices for the round trip flight. They were $2000, $3500 and $11,000 per person.

Is this hunt still on or has the pandemic postponed it? I'd love to bow hunt in Africa some day. I think an African hunt would be the hunting experience of a lifetime even without shooting any of the "big 5". I have no desire to stick an arrow into any of the "big 5".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back