2018 Colorado Big Game Applications are open

First time ever applying for a state on the first day it opened but I was wrapping up Utah and just kept going. Good luck everyone!

I’ll be applying this year. Can’t wait to visit Colorado! Been a dream of mine for a long time.

First time-buying points only. It only came up to like $25 and I applied for all the points I could, nearly. Did I screw UP??? Seems way too cheap.

First time-buying points only. It only came up to like $25 and I applied for all the points I could, nearly. Did I screw UP??? Seems way too cheap.

After the drawing, your CC will be hit for $40 per species that you applied for points for. It adds up.

Way cheap to apply for everything now... I predict some price creep coming up soon.

So from reading the regulations, if I buy a small game license for 2018 I will not be charged the $40 for the preference point fee? And it appears a small game license would allow me bobcat/coon hunt with hounds in the 2018/19 furbear season?

Did you hunt CO last year? If so you shouldn't be hit with the 40 dollar fee

Did you hunt CO last year? If so you shouldn't be hit with the 40 dollar fee

No, I didn't. I went ahead and called the CPW hunt planner people up. He suggested buying the $56 annual fishing license, which will also exempt you from the $40 fee. Spent $66 (fishing license and stamp for 2017) and saved some money.

No, I didn't. I went ahead and called the CPW hunt planner people up. He suggested buying the $56 annual fishing license, which will also exempt you from the $40 fee. Spent $66 (fishing license and stamp for 2017) and saved some money.

Awesome. I doubt it will stay this cheap though.

Hello point creep! I'm all for opportunity and I know buying a mandatory hunting license as a nonresident sucks even if you're just getting points, but Colorado can't make it this easy or we will be absolutely flooded with point creep in the coming years. As a resident I have yearly deer options I can draw every year for 0-1 point, here's to hoping those don't take 2-3 points in the coming years..:(

Hello point creep! I'm all for opportunity and I know buying a mandatory hunting license as a nonresident sucks even if you're just getting points, but Colorado can't make it this easy or we will be absolutely flooded with point creep in the coming years. As a resident I have yearly deer options I can draw every year for 0-1 point, here's to hoping those don't take 2-3 points in the coming years..:(

Agreed... they need to make it $10-20 to buy a point for a species for residents and at least $50 a point for deer and elk and $75-100 a point for the big three for non residents.

With a larger applicant pool and smaller percentage of tags allocated Non residents will be affected the most. I could be wrong but I don't think residents will be that affected by this. I also doubt Colorado will keep this cheap of a system for getting points.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back