2016 Jeep JK Mods

Couple pics of the 2.5 inch lift, wheels and tires me and my son did. Sorry, I don't listen well and went ahead with 35s.
IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0750.jpg
Haven't had a chance to get out with yet as I'm in project mode right now.

Had the house painted, did the jeep lift, reworking some truck stuff, getting a garage door opener installed, doing PDHs for my license. Need to build a lean-to B deck shed, repair the pool water feature, install a pool heater, kitchen remodel.....crikey.

I did 456 gears, eaton E locker, AEV 2.5 lift, new HD ball joints, 33 in Micky Thompson AT, bumper, winch and LED lights. It gets just about the same mileage as my HD 3/4 ton truck but it is fun on the trail/mtn roads.

How's the ball joint job on these? I'm fixin to do my 15 Rubicon. Has a 3.5" aev and 35s. Also going to put on a fancy drag link by smart steer.

Also, how bout opinions on roof rack? Lookin at the Rhino stuff.

Of you are complaining about tire noise then maybe a jeep is not for you…

What is your goal for the keep. Everything you listed is for mall crawler and not off road. What is your goal?

For me, lockers firsf. Then lift, then gears and tires. Then Front and rear bumpers with winch, Then rock sliders…

Running 35x12.5's on my 2012 JK Rubicon. Manual transmission so the 4.10 gears are adequate.

I ordered new CV axle shafts, Teraflex ball joints and new hub bearings, as well as Metalcloak high steer kit to match the gamechanger lift. Please DM me to donate to my GoFundMe!

My next mods will be better LED headlights (JW Speaker are amazing) and a Gobi rack.

For what we wanted, the 2.5" lift works out pretty good for hunting, booning, as a daily driver. Fuel efficiency, well, don't buy one of these if you're concerned about that. We get about 15-16 around town driving, maybe 17-18 highway. It drives/handles differently but that should be expected. Wind drag, you're driving a square thing down the road, so it handles like you'd expect a square thing to handle in the wind. We might buy some gas can carriers and sliders, eventually. I don't really care for the idea of sinking $$$$ in it. The ball joint replacement is probably a good idea, although we haven't experienced any issues because of the stock ones.

Back