Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2016 F150 4wd shifter

riv3rbanks

So I'm out of town for a week and my wife if using my truck for the time being. Recently she noticed that the 4wd shifter was set to 4L. She noticed this after driving about 15-20 miles going about 70-80mph. The thing is my 4-year-old son told her he turned up my "NOS" which is code for changed the shifter while the truck was off sitting in the driveway (He was helping her look for something she lost in there). I'm wondering if the truck actually ever went into 4l since it was off, but until I get home I won't be able to verify that. Anybody here have this same rig?

I have the 2018 and 2000 F250. I'd guess it never went into 4L. Mine won't go into 4L unless it's in neutral, and it takes a few seconds. My guess is it never sat in neutral long enough to switch. Plus, she'd definitely have noticed that something was "wrong" driving around trying to get up to 70mph.

I have a 2017 but it's a knob not shifter...Mine requires the truck to be in neutral and stopped. I don't think park works so in the time she shifted past neutral to drive I don't think it had a chance to engage. Plus it's all you can do to get a truck in 4L to go 20 without them sounding like they're going to blow up so I doubt it was engaged if she was going 70-80.

Might be time to watch the Fast and Furious series and explain to your son that NOS is a button not a shifter ;) :LOL:

you would think, but my wife did that with my 2000 f150 once, it was already in low, then she jumped in to borrow it and came back home and was like "your truck sounded weird like it was revving up really loud"

If I remember right she only went a few blocks or so as it was a quick trip in the hood, but she probably hit atleast 20mph :oops:

but like the others said, i bet yours never engaged before she took off, and she probably would have said something or noticed something

Back