2015 Mystery Ranch Metcalf and Marshall on CAMOFIRE 03/28/16!

Sooooo the fiance found the invoice of the price point of my new mystery ranch. She was not happy. Immediately offered to go to Crate & Barrel with her to buy new kitchen furniture. Fight avoided!

Sooooo the fiance found the invoice of the price point of my new mystery ranch. She was not happy. Immediately offered to go to Crate & Barrel with her to buy new kitchen furniture. Fight avoided!

Did you explain that had you bought it 3 months ago it would have been $600? :)

Metcalf vs Marshall

From what I could tell, the Marshall is just the Metcalf with more accessible outside pockets. I picked up a Marshall so I could have the capacity to fill it up if needed. As it stands, it isn't awkwardly large. I would hate to spend that kind of cash and wish I had more space, when I could get the larger pack for the same price. The larger outer pockets are nice to store gear and have it more accessible. Haven't used it in the field yet, so this is all conjecture. Seems like most people chose the Metcalf over the Marshall.

Last edited:
From what I could tell, the Marshall is just the Metcalf with more accessible outside pockets. I picked up a Marshall so I could have the capacity to fill it up if needed. As it stands, it isn't awkwardly large. I would hate to spend that kind of cash and wish I had more space, when I could get the larger pack for the same price. The larger outer pockets are nice to store gear and have it more accessible. Haven't used it in the field yet, so this is all conjecture. Seems like most people chose the Metcalf over the Marshall.

I bought both because I couldnt decide which one would suit me best. Figured id try them and then sell the one i dont want. Should be able to eaisly get my money back out of the pack

I couldn't decide and got neither the first time. Got the Marshall on the second go, I figure worst case scenario I'll break even.

You can also let her know that it will save on Physical Therapy bills. I had one year of PT for a back injury related to packing elk out. My wife didn't bat an eye when I bought my MR.

Solid concession on a shopping trip though.

I bought both because I couldnt decide which one would suit me best. Figured id try them and then sell the one i dont want. Should be able to eaisly get my money back out of the pack
For sure. I bet you will make money in fact. Someone would get a good deal paying $450 for a new pack that sells for $500-600.

Can't get on the site for some reason. Can access their facebook page but not the home page?????

How do you get updates of what's coming up?

Not on their currently... are you subscribed to daily email blast or something?

You have to sign up for their daily email blast. Let's you know at midnight what is on the next day's schedule. Also if there is a particular item you are looking for you can email camofire and they will give a heads up on whether or not they are going to have it listed anytime soon. I knew about the packs going on there about a month ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back