Mystery ranch pop up 38 and camofire

Marshian

I currently own a pop up 28 and absolutely love it. Yesterday, camofire had a several Mystery Ranch packs posted for seemingly great prices ($225 for the pop up 28 which I think paid about $265 for and $245 for the 38 which online lists at $325). I did a search on hunttalk for the pop up 38 reviews and there wasn’t too much written on this website, although Big Fin did mention he used it and liked it, and also there’s a review tube form Gohunt.com comparing these two bags. I didn’t end up buying the 38 cuz it seemed a little too big for me as I mostly do day hunts. Anyone have any experience with the 38? I do like that it is bigger but not much, and I like the draw string top opening. Plus the redesigned pop up system seems better. Many times camofire has the same things on sale over and over just spread out every week or so. I may have to open my wallet... Thx

I have a 38. I like it more than the 28. That might be due to the fact that I can't shed much of our production gear, so the volume of the 38 is better with the above average loads I have to carry on every trip. The other aspects you mention are better for how I use a pack. It will be my day pack for antelope and deer for most of the upcoming season. For elk, it will always be my Metcalf.

If anyone misses out on the Campfire sale, you can save 10% on anything you buy at goHUNT by using promo code RANDY when you check out.

I currently own a pop up 28 and absolutely love it. Yesterday, camofire had a several Mystery Ranch packs posted for seemingly great prices ($225 for the pop up 28 which I think paid about $265 for and $245 for the 38 which online lists at $325). I did a search on hunttalk for the pop up 38 reviews and there wasn’t too much written on this website, although Big Fin did mention he used it and liked it, and also there’s a review tube form Gohunt.com comparing these two bags. I didn’t end up buying the 38 cuz it seemed a little too big for me as I mostly do day hunts. Anyone have any experience with the 38? I do like that it is bigger but not much, and I like the draw string top opening. Plus the redesigned pop up system seems better. Many times camofire has the same things on sale over and over just spread out every week or so. I may have to open my wallet... Thx
MM had a pretty long thread on the popup. I've been looking but it appears Scheels has a good deal on Pinter I'm gonna order possibly

I have a 38. I like it more than the 28. That might be due to the fact that I can't shed much of our production gear, so the volume of the 38 is better with the above average loads I have to carry on every trip. The other aspects you mention are better for how I use a pack. It will be my day pack for antelope and deer for most of the upcoming season. For elk, it will always be my Metcalf.

If anyone misses out on the Campfire sale, you can save 10% on anything you buy at goHUNT by using promo code RANDY when you check out.
I just picked up the Metcalf last week from goHUNT. Amazing pack, and Im excited to get out with it this fall. The code RANDY worked like a charm ( saw it on your youtube channel) thank you Randy! Love the shows and information you share!

I bought a 38 on the camofire sale. I put a 35lb plate in the overload shelf and with water and misc items pack weight was roughly 44-45lbs. Hiked 3 miles up hills and down to just get a feel. It feels really good. But it won't replace my sawtooth 45 for any weight carrying. The belt on the 38 isn't as comfortable under weight as my sawtooth. I can ride horses better in my pop up over my sawtooth, it fits better in the saddle but any pack isn't very comfortable on horses to me. Over all the 38 is a dang nice day pack that I think will see more use this fall then my other.

I ended going with the Pintler couldn't pass it up for $270. It feels great so far just sizing it. Hopefully soon I can put some weight to it. Quality seems great my first MR.

Do you have to have a gohunt membership?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back