Caribou Gear Tarp

2013 2nd season muley hunts

elkkill2006

Well we had another wonderful muley hunt. It started opening morning when I got my niece on a beautiful buck. She was able to get the job done after a not so good shot and some long tracking, but I guess that makes for a longer hunting story. It was an emotional rollercoaster for her with tears of pain and then joy. The buck is her biggest to date and will be a tough one to beat.

Then second afternoon had us hunting in the nieghboring unit, due to my son and nephew having tags there. My nephew ended up taking a nice 2x2 (he was not picky due to only having two days to hunt).

My wife also had a tag and passed up many bucks throughout the week. She was tempted on Wednesday by a great 3x3, but did not pull the trigger. When Friday morning came I found another great buck and we made our move. She made a great shot on him and he dropped in his tracks.

Then finally was my son. He only had four and a half days to hunt and was not seeing the bucks like we were in the other unit. He ended up taking a fine little 2x2 on the last morning of the hunt.

What another great year hunting with the wife and kids. I do it all over again come Saturday with my oldest son and brother.

Quinton

Back