2012 WY Pronghorn and Mule Deer

Foxtrot1

Truck and trailer are loaded and we are finally leaving tomorrow morning headed toward Central WY. 1600 miles to camp. I hope we can have camp set up early Monday to hunt/scout that afternoon. It feels like this trip has been in the planning phase for years, but the last few months have just flown by. I could probably move to WY with all the stuff packed into the trailer. I have a pocket full of tags, my rifle, shotgun, and fishing gear. Probably overly ambitious, but I don't want to waste any time if we luck up and tag out early. I don't have to be back at work until 10-OCT. Maybe not then if we have a hard time finding mule deer ( sorry Bernie). I am going to try to update this thread as we hunt, but if we don't have cell coverage, we'll have to update when we go to town for fuel/supplies.

Travel safe. You've got georgous indian summer ahead of you here in Wyo. Blue sky and not a wisp of wind from where I sit! Sure makes me appreciate what I've got out my front door when I hear you'll be bringing all your guns plus 2 kitchen sinks to squeeze every ounce out of this trips. Might as well enjoy all of it while you're out here!

- Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Expedition hunts are my favorite. Load up the vehicle, and find an adventure.

Just make sure you don't leave anything along the way. I always leave something on the side of the road, when I have to stop and dig through the pile for a piece of gear.

Good luck to you. I'll be leaving thursday from Jacksonville, Florida for my first Antelope hunt. Started packing today!:)

Best of luck!! There's a group of us hunting wyoming for lopes right now. Well, they are there, another friend is getting there Monday, and due to a screw up in my financial aid in school, I won't be there till Tuesday. I have 5 tags burning a hole in my pocket.

I love me some lope meat :D

If you take care of the meat correctly, antelope is excellent meat and is definitely the most tender that I have ever had. My buddy just came through after his hunt and had a mature buck. We grilled the backstrap and man it was good. Does are as good as it gets as far as I am concerned.

Ya got to kill em' and chill em.'

I was in Rawlins last week. We saw antelope all over. There were 5 feeding along the sidewalk in front of the Subway. The biggest buck we saw last year was standing in the Pamida parking lot. :D Hows that for a scouting report?

Made it into town around 8:00 last night. One minor issue coming in yesterday. The bolt that disables the surge brakes came out on the road, so the trailer breaks would lock up when i applied the truck breaks. We robbed a bolt from the trailer tongue to get us to a HW store. We now have a pocket full of spares. Only other issue was Jeff screaming "Antelope!" everytime we saw a group from the interstate. My passenger side window is covered in face and hand smudges from him attempting to get one last look as we sped by. He's primed to shoot the first one we see. We have to pick up supplies in town this morning then go set up camp. We should be able to hunt this afternoon.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back